Question on saving photos?

tbird70

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2007
I have a new Compaq only about a month old. Every picture I save or download from camera to my pictures, will also be in the display properties under desktop. my old computer didn't do that and it was also windows XP, How do I stop ever photo from displaying itself in the desktop photos also....
Thanks Tina

Alpha_Magnum

Distinguished
May 7, 2006
I have a new Compaq only about a month old. Every picture I save or download from camera to my pictures, will also be in the display properties under desktop. my old computer didn't do that and it was also windows XP, How do I stop ever photo from displaying itself in the desktop photos also....
Thanks Tina
R click a vacant area of your desktop choose properties...
Select the desktop tab...
You will see your current wallpaper highlighted...
Here you can select something different.

Odds are you have an aplication running that changes the wallpaper. I don't know what applications you have so...

You can R click the taskbar (or press CTRL + ALT +DEL) and select the tak manager and see what applications are running and maybe you will see something like wallpaper.exe running....

Tell us what you find or even look through add and remove programs and there may be some sort of desktop manager there?

tbird70

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2007
Ok no luck, and I talked to a friend and her computer does the same thing. It isn't changing my desktop picture, but ever picture I save also goes on my list of wallpaper choices... And I really dont want ever picture I save to be a wallpaper choice unless I make it wallpaper... any ideas? Running Windows XP Prof.
Thanks Tina

Alpha_Magnum

Distinguished
May 7, 2006
Ok no luck, and I talked to a friend and her computer does the same thing. It isn't changing my desktop picture, but ever picture I save also goes on my list of wallpaper choices... And I really dont want ever picture I save to be a wallpaper choice unless I make it wallpaper... any ideas? Running Windows XP Prof.
Thanks Tina
Sorry my first reply can't help.. I think that your issue is that all of your images are being saved in C:\Windows\ the next time you move images from the camera change the default save location to a different location. To keep it simple make a new folder in your C drive called PHOTOS and have all the camera images go there

edklite

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2006
tina sounds like your default folder for saving your photos is your account's "my photos" folder, most times your wallpapters come from the same folder.

just save your photos to a different folder.