Casualties found so far because of Vista on my System

dpeel

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2007
Well,

I have had Vista Home Premium on my computer now for about a week. So far the two biggest casualties have been my Epson Perfection 610 Scanner and my Adobe Premiere Elements 2.0 software. I am fortunate in that I have both XP and Vista on different Hard Drives and can go into bios on my Asus A8N-SLI motherboard and change the boot order and use XP when I have to. My Creative X-Fi Extreme Gamer Sound Card works with a beta driver for now....not as good as the XP drivers under XP. One of the chips on my Asus A8N-SLI Motherboard doesn't have a driver that works and I don't know which chip it is, but not too concerned about that other than the inconvenience of having to look at some notifications when I first boot up in Vista.

I like Vista, but I'm wondering if there isn't any major software or hardware manufacturer that Microsoft didn't piss off with Vista?

fmfantasy

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2006
All the companies had years of notice to get stuff ready and they just chose not to. My casualties are a lemark printer and adobe flashplayer not working for 64 bit which makes wathcing youtube pretty much impossible.

It will probally tkae a year or so until Vista is the dominant system for some of the really lazy companies to get drivers or software out that works.

Alpha_Magnum

Distinguished
May 7, 2006
All the companies had years of notice to get stuff ready and they just chose not to. My casualties are a lemark printer and adobe flashplayer not working for 64 bit which makes wathcing youtube pretty much impossible.

It will probally tkae a year or so until Vista is the dominant system for some of the really lazy companies to get drivers or software out that works.
Microsoft intends to be a ONE STOP SHOP. WHQL is expensive and also means that hardware makers must have their drivers digitally signed by MS. They must agree to terms given by MS.

fmfantasy

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2006
Well I can only assume the likes of samsung and lexmark- (only 2 pieces of hardware I have without 64 bit drivers) plan on selling hardware in the future so they better get their crap together!!! I cant beleive Nvidia can get me video card and motherboard drivers in 2 days and Lexmark cant figure out a printer driver???

Of course Printers are disposable anyways so i plan to just throw it away and buy a new one that has a driver rather than wait for them.