destroideD

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2007
Hi everyone,

I recently just bought the Sennheiser PC140 headset. As I am a complete noob when it comes to sound issues with computers, I came here to get some expert advice :approval:

Anyways, I have a Soundblaster Audigy sound card plugged in with my built-in sound jacks on my motherboard as well. When I plugged in the 2 headset jacks into the Audigy card, when I spoke on Ventrilo I would hear myself through the headset and nobody else would hear me, and whenever someone else spoke on Ventrilo it would echo everything they would say back to them. When the 2 jacks are plugged into the motherboard jacks, it works fine but the sound quality isn't as crisp.

I've learned that if I have the sound headset jack plugged into the Audigy card and the microphone jack into the motherboard one, I can speak fine and hear fine when playing games or whatever.

My first question is, is there anyway to get rid of that problem when both headset jacks are plugged into the Audigy card? I installed all the drivers/software that is on the Audigy CD.
My second question, is there any way to have both my speakers and headset jacks plugged in at the same time (whether one is in the motherboard or Audigy card - I don't care) and toggle between which one I want to have currently running? I.E: A program that will devote all the sound/output from the mic to the headset, or everything to the speakers.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

WiRedPmP

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2007
update your drivers, creative has a great new prog. called audioconsole. Secondly, make sure your mic isn't muted, go into sound recorded in accessories I think from start, and see if it detects your waves. If not, it's probably a driver conflict, disable your onboard and make sure your running the latest drivers. Audioconsole effectively phases out all other sound utilities.