Need help with security issue

JDoobs

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2006
Ok, so, my family has their own computer, and I have mine. My computer is far better than theirs and they constantly go on mine to do whatever. I got sick of it so I put a motherboard password on it.

I constantly find out that my brother has either guessed, or circumvented my password and has gotten on. So I change the password, but it doesn't work. Is there some way I can keep him off of here, like a program or something? The password doesn't seem to be doing the job.

Thanks

jba6511

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2006
put a BIOS password, and then a different windows login password. Should do the trick. You can add passwords in the user account settings from control panel.

frankienyc123

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2006
1. ask ur brother not to touch your PC without ur permssion
2. when u leave hide ur mouse/keyboard

I had a similar problem my brother and parents a year or so ago. They always asked me to do stuff for them becase there computer was to slow, it was an old P3/512mb and I had an Athlon64 3800/1gig. What I ended up doing was giving them my computer and building myself a nice new high end dual core system. We both made out in the deal they got a fast computer nd I got a faster computer and everyones happy, although my wallet was $1000 lighter...lol but hey its family right;)

riser

Illustrious
You don't think changing your username/password to all accounts would be a simple solution?

No password to username, no access. Chances are the kid probably made a backup account to log in as.. so disable or delete it.