2 DVI outputs into a single DVI input?

Last response: in Home Theatre
November 29, 2004 6:11:31 PM

Is there a device out there that does this? I have two DVI outputs
(Sony upscaling DVD player and Hughes DirecTV HD receiver) but only
one DVI input on my Sony LCD HDTV. For this to be useful it would need
to switch automatically.

Is there such a thing? Pointers would be appreciated.

-Mike
Anonymous
November 29, 2004 9:37:43 PM

Either you get an AV receiver that uses switched DVI sources, or you can buy
a gefen AB switch (uses a remote control). Check www.gefen.com. Not
automatic.

--Dan

"Mike Keith" <domnei@aol.comXYZXYZ> wrote in message
> Is there a device out there that does this? I have two DVI outputs
> (Sony upscaling DVD player and Hughes DirecTV HD receiver) but only
> one DVI input on my Sony LCD HDTV. For this to be useful it would need
> to switch automatically.
>
> Is there such a thing? Pointers would be appreciated.
>
> -Mike

Anonymous
November 30, 2004 12:21:28 AM

go to www.digitalconnection.com They have several types of switchers.