No signal from video card or what?

chailvr

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2007
So last night while playing CS:CZ my screen dies, but the computer keeps running. So I force shutdown my computer, restart, still no screen. I reseated the video card and replugged the DVI and power cords. What else should I try?

I have an 8800 GTX and a P5B deluxe mobo. Also a sceptre 22" LCD.

hatsurfer

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2006
Does your mainboard have a speaker? If it does listen to see if it makes beeps. These beeps depending on if they are short, long, or how many often tell what the problem can be. Sounds like it could be the video card if it still is powering but no video. Easiest way is to swap another card. I had a 7800 GTX go out last month and pretty much same symptoms. Thank god for EVGA and life-time warranty.

chailvr

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2007
Does your mainboard have a speaker? If it does listen to see if it makes beeps. These beeps depending on if they are short, long, or how many often tell what the problem can be. Sounds like it could be the video card if it still is powering but no video. Easiest way is to swap another card. I had a 7800 GTX go out last month and pretty much same symptoms. Thank god for EVGA and life-time warranty.
yeah I have an EVGA so I think I'll just RMA it. How fast is shipping and ETA on sending it out from say california and them returnin a new one?

hatsurfer

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2006
Uber fast for you because they're in Brea, CA. I think even cheapest ground takes 1 day. They approved my RMA the same day I registered the card. Make sure you submit your reciept using the .jpg option. EVGA have been stellar in my book from step-up to RMA. Luckily this is the 1st RMA I needed in a long line of their products.

Now, I would still test your video card before RMA'ing. Since it'll cost you a few bucks to ship it and PC downtime. The card you get back will most likely be refurb too.

If you have another compatible video card I'd swap it out and see if your system posts. Go from there.