Any of you guys tried SWAT 4?

I'm lovin' it. Might be one of the first tac-shooters whose single-player
campaign I'll actually play all of the way through. Delta Force being
another, if I remember correctly. And No One Lives Forever, which is pretty
darn tactical.

Uziyahu wrote:
> Any of you guys tried SWAT 4?
>
> I'm lovin' it. Might be one of the first tac-shooters whose single-player
> campaign I'll actually play all of the way through. Delta Force being
> another, if I remember correctly. And No One Lives Forever, which is pretty
> darn tactical.

Saw a very positive review of that in the UK press at the weekend but
otherwise don't really know much about it. Whats the MP side of it like?

80% of the servers up are coop, but the # of players in COOP is 5, while it
is quite a bit more than that for other MP types.

The MP is fun. In Escort the V.I.P. playing the VIP (randomly chosen) is
fun, 'cause you can try to escape the suspects who have to hold you for 2
minutes before they execute you.

There are some serious things needing fixing in MP, though.

I've uploaded a video I made to http://www.atwar.net/

SWAT4: Shooter with a Heart, it is called.

"Mort<TZW>" <nospam@sweatyhelmet.org> wrote in message
> Uziyahu wrote:
>> Any of you guys tried SWAT 4?
>>
>> I'm lovin' it. Might be one of the first tac-shooters whose
>> single-player campaign I'll actually play all of the way through. Delta
>> Force being another, if I remember correctly. And No One Lives Forever,
>> which is pretty darn tactical.
>
> Saw a very positive review of that in the UK press at the weekend but
> otherwise don't really know much about it. Whats the MP side of it like?

Thanks Uzi
I think I will get it.
Just have to find some time to play it though

Uziyahu wrote:
> 80% of the servers up are coop, but the # of players in COOP is 5, while it
> is quite a bit more than that for other MP types.
>
> The MP is fun. In Escort the V.I.P. playing the VIP (randomly chosen) is
> fun, 'cause you can try to escape the suspects who have to hold you for 2
> minutes before they execute you.
>
> There are some serious things needing fixing in MP, though.
>
> I've uploaded a video I made to http://www.atwar.net/
>
> SWAT4: Shooter with a Heart, it is called.
>

> "Mort<TZW>" <nospam@sweatyhelmet.org> wrote in message
>
>>Uziyahu wrote:
>>
>>>Any of you guys tried SWAT 4?
>>>
>>>I'm lovin' it. Might be one of the first tac-shooters whose
>>>single-player campaign I'll actually play all of the way through. Delta
>>>Force being another, if I remember correctly. And No One Lives Forever,
>>>which is pretty darn tactical.
>>
>>Saw a very positive review of that in the UK press at the weekend but
>>otherwise don't really know much about it. Whats the MP side of it like?

user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003

"Mort<TZW>" <nospam@sweatyhelmet.org> wrote in message
> Thanks Uzi
> I think I will get it.

Noooo - don't. It's productivity-10 in a box.

> Just have to find some time to play it though

Find 5 minutes, lose 5 hours.

I know. I did!

--

Liddle Feesh
*fap fap fap fap*

user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003

<Liddle Feesh> wrote in message news:425c58da$0$565$ed2619ec@ptn-nntp-
> "Mort<TZW>" <nospam@sweatyhelmet.org> wrote in message
>> Thanks Uzi
>> I think I will get it.
>
> Noooo - don't. It's productivity-10 in a box.
>
>> Just have to find some time to play it though
>
> Find 5 minutes, lose 5 hours.
>
> I know. I did!

9 hours, and finished.

Now, no more game reviews please - I have to do some serious work!

--

Liddle Feesh
*fap fap fap fap*

The single-player is good but the coop is especially fun, if you have a good
team. : )

And user-made maps are already on the way. One guy made a "flashlight tag"
map. Very dark.

--Uzi

> <Liddle Feesh> wrote in message news:425c58da$0$565$ed2619ec@ptn-nntp-
>> "Mort<TZW>" <nospam@sweatyhelmet.org> wrote in message
>>> Thanks Uzi
>>> I think I will get it.
>>
>> Noooo - don't. It's productivity-10 in a box.
>>
>>> Just have to find some time to play it though
>>
>> Find 5 minutes, lose 5 hours.
>>
>> I know. I did!
>
> 9 hours, and finished.
>
> Now, no more game reviews please - I have to do some serious work!
>
> --
>
> Liddle Feesh
> *fap fap fap fap*
> <>< <>< <>< <>< ><>
> <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <><

Apophis

I absolutely love SWAT 4.. It's been tough trying to get a good group
of people together to play it. We run a Co-Op SWAT 4 server at
TacticalGamer.com. It's not bad when you've got some good teammates,
but it only takes one idiotic run & gunner to mess up the whole game.

If you're interested in some good tactical play and willing to use
TeamSpeak to community, come check out our site and join us for some
games. We're always looking for good people to play with.

--
Apophis:: Posted from Tactical Gamer - http://www.TacticalGamer.com ::

Uziyahu wrote:
> The single-player is good but the coop is especially fun, if you have a good
> team. : )
>
> And user-made maps are already on the way. One guy made a "flashlight tag"
> map. Very dark.
>
> --Uzi

I'm really enjoying playing this SP haven't tried MP yet

> I'm really enjoying playing this SP haven't tried MP yet

I've never played SWAT before. Tell me about it. What's the game like?

Apophis

Communique Wrote:

> I've never played SWAT before. Tell me about it. What's the game
> like?

SWAT 4 is a tactical first-person shooter. It is based off the
weaponry and methodology of a real-world SWAT team. The gameplay tends
to be much slower and more calculating than your traditional FPS and
requires a team strategy to actually succeed in a multiplayer
environment.

You are scored based on your proficiency in completing the levels.
Running around like a madman with an M4, MP5, G36 or other assault
weapon and killing everything in sight will not result in you being
rewarded but most likely in a mission failure.

It's a great game. Especially if you're into the whole
teamplay/tactics/strategy thing.

--
Apophis:: Posted from Tactical Gamer - http://www.TacticalGamer.com ::

> SWAT 4 is a tactical first-person shooter. It is based off the
> weaponry and methodology of a real-world SWAT team. The gameplay tends
> to be much slower and more calculating than your traditional FPS and
> requires a team strategy to actually succeed in a multiplayer
> environment.

Is is like Rainbow Six 3? I like R6--it's a great game. But I do find the
planning to get tedious at times (sometimes I love it, sometimes I hate it).

So, would you say SWAT 4 is akin to Rainbow Six 3?

It's Raven Shield with a Heart. You've got tactical flashlights on some
weapons and less-than-lethal alternatives to lead-throwers.

The A.I. is sooooo much better.

--Uzi

"Communique" <Communique@NOSPAMev1.net> wrote in message
>> SWAT 4 is a tactical first-person shooter. It is based off the
>> weaponry and methodology of a real-world SWAT team. The gameplay tends
>> to be much slower and more calculating than your traditional FPS and
>> requires a team strategy to actually succeed in a multiplayer
>> environment.
>
> Is is like Rainbow Six 3? I like R6--it's a great game. But I do find
> the planning to get tedious at times (sometimes I love it, sometimes I
> hate it).
>
> So, would you say SWAT 4 is akin to Rainbow Six 3?

> It's Raven Shield with a Heart. You've got tactical flashlights on some
> weapons and less-than-lethal alternatives to lead-throwers.
>
> The A.I. is sooooo much better.

What about the planning? Do you have to plan out missions like in R6-3, or
do you just go in with a squad (akin to Raven Shield on Terrorist Hunt
mode)?

Communique wrote:
>>It's Raven Shield with a Heart. You've got tactical flashlights on some
>>weapons and less-than-lethal alternatives to lead-throwers.
>>
>>The A.I. is sooooo much better.
>

> What about the planning? Do you have to plan out missions like in R6-3, or
> do you just go in with a squad (akin to Raven Shield on Terrorist Hunt
> mode)?

Once you've had a quick look at the usually vague floor plans of the
target building and assigned gear to your team it's straight into the
action - so yes it's quicker than R6 in that sense

You ignoring me?

27 pm show options
Newsgroups: alt.games.operation-flashpoint
From: "Rizla Ranger (UK)" <o...@ziplip.com> - Find messages by this
author
Date: 19 Apr 2005 14:27:18 -0700
Subject: Re: SWAT 4

Does Pedro LMF make an appearance?
http://www.local6.com/news/439­2864/detail.html

Although, last I heard, he'd gone out East, rejected
war, went all hippy, changed his name to Buru and
shacked up with some skinny chick on the beach...
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/sou­th_asia/4443825.stm

Mort<TZW> wrote:

http://english.aljazeera.net/NR/exeres/8F7ED36E-AEC7-44A8-85BF-E70E6070F4B1..htm

> Uziyahu wrote:
> > Any of you guys tried SWAT 4?
> >
> > I'm lovin' it. Might be one of the first tac-shooters whose
single-player
> > campaign I'll actually play all of the way through. Delta Force
being
> > another, if I remember correctly. And No One Lives Forever, which
is pretty
> > darn tactical.

user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003

"Uziyahu" <NNOSPAMMuziyahu@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:bOX9e.12897
> I'm stuck on Normal difficulty on the Hospital mission.

I had to replay that one 2 or 3 times as well.

It's quite like the hospital in Max Payne, but the mission is easier.

Anyway *hint* the trick when choosing an entry point is to choose one that
will bring you in behind the enemy if possible, and definately allow you to
clear the area step by step without having to retrace your footsteps. In
other words, enter on the top or bottom floor only and move room by room.
Don't leave the floor unattended since the perp's will move around.

--

Liddle Feesh
*fap fap fap fap*