planning on water cooling in the future

Gingerade

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2007
well in the future after i get my 680i mobo and e6600 processor im planning on getting a water cooling pc. i just have a few ?S. currently i have a cooler master centurion 5 with a window. its a alrite case just with a bunch of psu wires and 8800gts i dont think theres that good of airflow so whats a good case for watercooling.also what are some componets that i need for a socket 775 mobo and im not sure if i need want to water cool my 8800gts because i dont want to take it apart. also about filling up the lines i was reading about resavores and t-lines so whats better and easyer to do.

sailer

Splendid
I just bought Thermaltake Eureka case. It is a couple inches deeper than the standard size case so it allows the extra room needed for the newer long video cards and it is factory prepped for water cooling, holes predrilled in the case and all. I bought it thinking of going to water cooling, though I may stick with air for awhile.

rodney_ws

Splendid
Dec 29, 2005
The Armour has holes in the rear of the case so you don't have to run your tubing through some cheesy PCI slot cover with holes in it... that's assuming you have an external radiator. If you have an internal one, the Armour is PLENTY large enough for that as well... and would have adequate airflow to keep your water from boiling.

chuckshissle

Splendid
Feb 2, 2006
I would suggest the Thermaltake Armor as well. It's a very good case for both air cooling and water cooling setup. Plenty of room to spare. Are you planning on overclocking and or just to have a quite and cool components?

As for reservoirs, I'm current using the T-Split which is easy to implement and it works really nice and has low restriction, but it's take some time and patient to fill it up. Its cheaper as well. I recommend you use the T-Split/T-Line reservoir setup.

sailer

Splendid
Actually, they make the Armor with a built in liquid cooling system now... much like the Tai Chi... except cheaper. Here, have a look!

http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=371345

Sure, it'd take some of the fun out of it, but it'd also take out some of the risk/hassle.

That looks good, especially for the price. Wish I'd seen it earlier. Still, the Eureka case is deeper for those extra long video cards, so I might have bought it anyway.

warshez

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2007
i prefer the design of the kandalf lcs. The design looks really good with the triple radiator at the front of the case. However it accepts only 3/8" tubing. and the water and radiator doesnt look very promising. but the location of the radiator(outside the case) seems very good.

i would recommend you get the Kandalf LCS and ebay the waterblock and pump

Gingerade

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2007
well i would like to get a radiator and all the stuff in the pc so its quite and alot easyer to bring to my friends. when i get my e6600 im planning on overclocking it.whats a good radiator and stuff i would need to water cool a e6600 on a 680i motherboard. i would like to see how much i need after i get the e6600 and 680i at the end of school in june.

also i bring my pc to a lan once a month at my friends house so is there any hazards of transferring a water cooled pc?