CAT Afghanistan Island updated

v1.2 (final) released
http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard311/ikonboard.cgi?s=e7f9b1f88fb5d0c2176f4f0d8a28ae27;act=ST;f=4;t=45882

FX added:
- sandstorm
- sandstorm (light version)
- sandstorm (no sound)
- sandstorm (light version, no sound)
See the full readme for more information.

SFX added:
- 2 muazzin calls
- 4 sandstorm ambient sounds
- 10 bazaar style ambient sounds

Town Layouts modified:
- Khandahar - major remake of buildings placement, overall polycount in
th area should be decrased now -> less lag... hopefully...
- Annar Dareh - mosque 2 and several other buildings added, placement
changed and optimized in SW part of the town. The town looks more like
people actually lived in there...
- Charikar - mosque 2 and a couple of market stalls added
- Herat - fixed the cliff with ladder and added another one, fixed
height of a few houses
- Baghlan - some buildings shifted to W, due to the new road, fuel
station added
- Mazar-e-Sharif - a few buildings replaced next to government building

Remade the road from Airport, thru Annar Dareh, Baghlan all the way to
Khandahar. It's an asphalt road now. Some rocks and trees had to be
moved around a little bit... due to the new road.
Some market stalls added in the cities - but only a few to keep the lag
down. More are available from Mission Editor if needed.
2 new large buildings and 1 new mosque.
All trees replaced with desert RES trees from fighter.
All pools removed. No rivers, no forests - and don't ask for'em. :p
Unfinished bridge in the NW - removed.
Various support points added - you can heal at hospitals and repair
vehicles in garages.
Some flickering rocks moved around from the slopes.
Proper LON/LAT values set - admire the stars over Afghanistan the way
they appear in RL.
Additional optimizations and fixes to models.
Many other tweaks and improvements....

Map edges... stay clear of them...

Cheers for that, will go grab it.

> Map edges... stay clear of them...

Can't understand why they made it like that to begin with; would have been
better accepting it had to be an island.

Jaffo wrote:
> Cheers for that, will go grab it.
>

>>Map edges... stay clear of them...
>

> Can't understand why they made it like that to begin with; would have been
> better accepting it had to be an island.

yeah I thought that was a bit strange.
But overall I do like the terrain

this island is so good.I have been playing so much on islands with
trees that it was a nice break to do a really good afganistan map.
I love those tall mountains and valleys.it really is cool to be on the
ground and then see a pack of hinds come flying thru against the
mountains.

known12 wrote:
> this island is so good.I have been playing so much on islands with
> trees that it was a nice break to do a really good afganistan map.
> I love those tall mountains and valleys.it really is cool to be on the
> ground and then see a pack of hinds come flying thru against the
> mountains.

We finally agree on something ;-)
I'm trying to write an MP mission for it with Arab and Afghan fighters
at the moment but work and stuff keeps getting in the way