M-1617 upgrading to windows 7

toast114

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2009
I just installed windows 7 on my gateway m-1617 but i cannot get the wireless to work. I went to marvell and tried doing their drivers as well as the ones off the gateway website. Help?

toast114

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2009
on this page:

http://support.gateway.com/support/drivers/search.asp?param=m-1617&st=kw

i downloaded all the drivers (btw im using 64 bit windows 7) and none of them made the computer recognize the wireless

i then went and got this:

Network Control Utility for Aggregation and VLANs in x86 & x64 XP, Server 2003, Vista, Server 2008

off of the marvell site and the other 2 or 3 things they had but they ended up all being the exact same zip file where i tried doing the update to the driver like it said in the read me but it did not take either

The one labeled:

D10236-002-002.exe - Marvell Wireless LAN Driver
Supports: Windows Vista (64-bit)
Note: Version: 1.0.2.36

... should be the one to make the device function. When you ran the setup.exe file, did it tell you there weren't any supported devices in the computer for this driver to work with? Or did the setup run through its routine, and simply leave you with a non-functioning wireless card?

damn... i've also just tried downloading the package to see if the sys file could be extracted and installed manually. It doesn't look like it can be. About your only hope now is to check Windows Update and see if it picks up any driver updates for the wireless.

I would also contact Gateway's support staff and see if they will be releasing any Windows 7 specific drivers for your system model. If not, ask them if the Vista driver package for the wireless should work under Windows 7 or not.

toast114

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2009
ironically i was working on it for a co worker and as i was in the middle of asking for help he was messing with the drivers and stuff i had on the computer and somehow got it to install by telling it to update the driver or something i wasnt watching but thanks for the help

unifyinguniverse

Distinguished
May 14, 2010

Hi, I was wondering, did it work for you? Do you have wireless connection now?