RE : ofp: goty Red hammer hind mission bug

"rooster" wrote : "I am currently playing the 'Game of the Year'
edition of op flashpoint and
I am at the section of a mission on Red Hammer, where you have to
re-fuel
the Hind and fly off to where you get it repaired then destroy the
Vulcan
and M60s prior to picking up a squad and flying off to Arundy.

My dilema is this... As you fly to the repair zone a 'cut scene' comes
in
and a cry for help from stranded soldiers in a village asking for help
from
you comes up on the screen.
When this cut scene ends my Hind is upside down, inches from the
ground and
either crashes and game ends...'You are dead', or it floats to the
ground
and the rotors continue spinning as if it is flying normally, but you
can't
do a damn thing with it.

Now I am assuming that this is a 'bug' or 'glitch' in the programming,
but
I can't seem to find a 'patch' or similar fix that deals with this.
Can any of you guys help?? "

Okay, i had same kind of incedent when i played that mission... that
copter crash -thing happened once, but more difficult was end that
chapter, because after convoy destroyed, and i flied back to troops -
they wont get in to the copter, and mission never ends...

I saved - flied, shooted convoy out, again and again about 10 times,
then
at last those stupid mates jumped to the copter.... jihaa !!

-Tommi-

I never experienced this "bug". It's been a long, long time since I've
played that mission. Try this, though:

Save before the cut scene.

Gain A LOT of altitude just before the cut scene plays.

You should be fine after the cut scene--I think your copter is crashing
while the in-game cut scene is playing. You probably don't have enough
altitude.

In-game cut scenes are a notorious no-no in OFP. The game "keeps playing"
although the player has no control. Gaining altitude so that the copter can
fall a fair amount of distance will probobaly allow you to recover and end
the mission after the cut scene as played.

C.

"Tommi" <tommi@meitsi.net> wrote in message
> "rooster" wrote : "I am currently playing the 'Game of the Year'
> edition of op flashpoint and
> I am at the section of a mission on Red Hammer, where you have to
> re-fuel
> the Hind and fly off to where you get it repaired then destroy the
> Vulcan
> and M60s prior to picking up a squad and flying off to Arundy.
>
> My dilema is this... As you fly to the repair zone a 'cut scene' comes
> in
> and a cry for help from stranded soldiers in a village asking for help
> from
> you comes up on the screen.
> When this cut scene ends my Hind is upside down, inches from the
> ground and
> either crashes and game ends...'You are dead', or it floats to the
> ground
> and the rotors continue spinning as if it is flying normally, but you
> can't
> do a damn thing with it.
>
> Now I am assuming that this is a 'bug' or 'glitch' in the programming,
> but
> I can't seem to find a 'patch' or similar fix that deals with this.
> Can any of you guys help?? "
>

> Okay, i had same kind of incedent when i played that mission... that
> copter crash -thing happened once, but more difficult was end that
> chapter, because after convoy destroyed, and i flied back to troops -
> they wont get in to the copter, and mission never ends...
>
> I saved - flied, shooted convoy out, again and again about 10 times,
> then
> at last those stupid mates jumped to the copter.... jihaa !!
>
> -Tommi-

silver

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2004

"Communique" <Communique@NOSPAMev1.net> skrev i en meddelelse
> I never experienced this "bug". It's been a long, long time since I've
> played that mission. Try this, though:
>
> Save before the cut scene.
>
> Gain A LOT of altitude just before the cut scene plays.
>
> You should be fine after the cut scene--I think your copter is crashing
> while the in-game cut scene is playing. You probably don't have enough
> altitude.

Why not just activate auto-hover?

Silver.

> Why not just activate auto-hover?

Or...you could do it the easy way and do what he said!

:)