Displaying content of the drive

Hi,

Please help. When I double click on the drive icon in "My
Computer" window it usually displays the content in the
same window. Now when I do it it displays the content in
the new window. How can I go back to the old way of
displaying the content of the drive?

Thank you so much,

Deanna

Deanna,
open an explorer window (Example: "my computer" )
click on tools and folder options

on the browse folders options, you have the chance to make it open on the
same window or open a new one

Rafael

"Deanna Quach" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Please help. When I double click on the drive icon in "My
> Computer" window it usually displays the content in the
> same window. Now when I do it it displays the content in
> the new window. How can I go back to the old way of
> displaying the content of the drive?
>
> Thank you so much,
>
> Deanna

Deanna,

Open Control Panel, Folder Options applet
Click the View tab and select this option:
"Open each folder in the same window"

If that does not help, type this command in Start-Run dialog:

regsvr32 /i shell32.dll

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User