how to put winsrv back into xp pro OS??

My laptop lost winsrv from Windows when I installed SP2.
(I am getting a Stop: c0000135)
I found the tech note from MS on that problem and downloaded the
fix with my desktop computer.

I put in my OS (xp pro) disk into laptop and tried to use the Recovery
Console.
But it is asking for an Administrative Password. I know that I didn't set
up
a password for this laptop. I tried leaving it blank but that isn't the
right
answer.

I can't repair the OS without getting into console, can I?? I downloaded
the
fix from Microsoft (an .exe). I burned it to cd but I can't figure if it is
possible
to even load it from this situation. I tried a safe mode but can't get into
it
either (get same stop message).

What can I do? The laptop has critical info on it.

Thanks,
jenny

Speak to the person who installed for the password.

"Jason Marshall" <jasonmarshall34@SPAMTRAP-hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Speak to the person who installed for the password.

That is no help. I installed the system. xp has a bug and
apparently, it often won't take a password in recovery console.
Why do you reply when you have nothing intelligent to add???

Did you install using an OEM or retail version of XP?

You may also want to try
http://www.google.com/search?num=50&hl=en&lr=lang_en&safe=off&c2coff=1&q=xp+administrator+password+reset

--
Walter Clayton