Your question

Help with headphones and speaker system

Last response: in Components
April 27, 2007 5:06:55 AM

My specs

Creative X-Fi XtremeMusic Soundcard
Logitech Z-5500 500 Watts 5.1 Speakers
Razer Barracuda HP-1 Gaming 5.1 Headphones

Just wanted to know if there is anything I can do to save me time and effort about having to swap my speakers to headphones without having to
remove the cords from the back each time.
Both speakers and headphones are 5.1 sound so they both have 3 connectors and realy gets annoying having to change them each time

thanks any help would be greatly apprieated
April 28, 2007 8:11:47 AM

ANYONE??????
April 28, 2007 8:45:18 AM

Perhaps a stereo mini Y splitter for each stereo mini cable, though you would still have to pull out the headphone cables if u don't want them to output.

Otherwise, you could get a A/B zone switch but those things cost as much as your Z-5500s.
Related resources
April 28, 2007 9:27:24 AM

You need an audio switch, as I had similar problem before. But for me I have 2.1 speaker and a Bose Triport, each have a single 3.5mm connector. The switch I have is a simple design. But right now I'm looking for a 3 3.5mm connector for speaker and 3 3.5mm connector for your headphone. You might need a receiver is you can't find an audio switch for your system.
April 28, 2007 10:11:28 AM

well I was thinking I could use a home entertainment receiver would that do the trick as i have 2 lying around here, and will the sound be as good through a receiver?
April 28, 2007 11:04:04 AM

I have the Z5500's an I use the input on the side of the LCD console that came with the set, try that it should work for you. There are two jacks on the
right side of your LCD receiver one is for AUX and the other for headphones.
May 2, 2007 5:50:45 PM

Quote:
I have the Z5500's an I use the input on the side of the LCD console that came with the set, try that it should work for you. There are two jacks on the
right side of your LCD receiver one is for AUX and the other for headphones.

Yeah I've seen that on the console, but as I have 5.1 heaphones which has 3 plugs and on the side of the console is only one spot for just one plug.
!