Mitsu "Broken" Promise Module?

Last response: in Home Theatre
November 30, 2004 1:20:44 AM

I see that Mitsu has pulled (or at least my bad eyes missed it) any info on
the Promise Module. I can't believe they haven't offered to support HDMI or
HDCP/DVI. This means that all of the high definition content that will come
from future players and boxes won't pipe out 1080i to my set.

Class action suit, anyone?
Anonymous
November 30, 2004 1:20:45 AM

"Just Surfing" <no@thanks.com> wrote in message
> I see that Mitsu has pulled (or at least my bad eyes missed it) any info
on
> the Promise Module. I can't believe they haven't offered to support HDMI
or
> HDCP/DVI. This means that all of the high definition content that will
come
> from future players and boxes won't pipe out 1080i to my set.
>
> Class action suit, anyone?

Class action suit to recover what loss? You assume that there will be no
component outputs on future equipment. That is unlikely to be the case.
The Promise Module did not sell because it was not necessary for most
people. What is it that you want to do that you can't? They never promised
you a digital interface to your analog television.

Leonard
!