PASSWORDS

April 28, 2005 1:12:10 AM

I am sure anyone who has used a computer for longer then 5 minutes knows that
it doesnt take long to start a very very large collection of passwords for
windows, sites, money online things, etc., Can anyone provide me with some
advice for password storage on my system for everything and not just telling
the system to remember password, Something like a database on my system for
passwords that I can search etc? Thank you everyone. wmntony@chartermi.net

More about : passwords

Anonymous
April 28, 2005 2:18:47 AM

Do a Google search for Whisper32
it will store your passwords.......you'll just have to remember its password
peterk

safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in
sideways, chocolate in one hand, margarita in the other, body thoroughly
used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"
"SWIMMING IN PASSWORDS" <SWIMMING IN PASSWORDS@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote in message news:46ADCB2A-6DA8-41B8-A90D-A61264790123@microsoft.com...
>I am sure anyone who has used a computer for longer then 5 minutes knows
>that
> it doesnt take long to start a very very large collection of passwords for
> windows, sites, money online things, etc., Can anyone provide me with some
> advice for password storage on my system for everything and not just
> telling
> the system to remember password, Something like a database on my system
> for
> passwords that I can search etc? Thank you everyone. wmntony@chartermi.net
Anonymous
April 28, 2005 8:14:44 AM

"SWIMMING IN PASSWORDS" <SWIMMING IN PASSWORDS@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote
in message news:46ADCB2A-6DA8-41B8-A90D-A61264790123@microsoft.com
> I am sure anyone who has used a computer for longer then 5 minutes knows
> that
> it doesnt take long to start a very very large collection of passwords for
> windows, sites, money online things, etc., Can anyone provide me with some
> advice for password storage on my system for everything and not just
> telling
> the system to remember password, Something like a database on my system
> for
> passwords that I can search etc? Thank you everyone. wmntony@chartermi.net

A little spiral bound notebook and a pen work great.

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
http://www.fjsmjs.com

SWIMMING IN PASSWORDS wrote:
> I am sure anyone who has used a computer for longer then 5 minutes knows that
> it doesnt take long to start a very very large collection of passwords for
> windows, sites, money online things, etc., Can anyone provide me with some
> advice for password storage on my system for everything and not just telling
> the system to remember password, Something like a database on my system for
> passwords that I can search etc? Thank you everyone. wmntony@chartermi.net

I use Password Depot. Free for up to 20 passwords.
Unlimited version $29.

http://www.password-depot.com/

gls858
Anonymous
April 28, 2005 8:07:23 PM

You could, if you wished, use a Microsoft excel spreadsheet to store all
your passwords and maybe have a 'paper' backup that can be kept in a secure
place. It is also a good idea to make sure you regulalrly 'backup' the excel
workbook containing your passwords too.

--
John Barnett MVP
Associate Expert

"SWIMMING IN PASSWORDS" <SWIMMING IN PASSWORDS@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote in message news:46ADCB2A-6DA8-41B8-A90D-A61264790123@microsoft.com...
>I am sure anyone who has used a computer for longer then 5 minutes knows
>that
> it doesnt take long to start a very very large collection of passwords for
> windows, sites, money online things, etc., Can anyone provide me with some
> advice for password storage on my system for everything and not just
> telling
> the system to remember password, Something like a database on my system
> for
> passwords that I can search etc? Thank you everyone. wmntony@chartermi.net
Anonymous
April 28, 2005 10:27:43 PM

"SWIMMING IN PASSWORDS" <SWIMMING IN PASSWORDS@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote in message news:46ADCB2A-6DA8-41B8-A90D-A61264790123@microsoft.com...
>I am sure anyone who has used a computer for longer then 5 minutes knows
>that
> it doesnt take long to start a very very large collection of passwords for
> windows, sites, money online things, etc., Can anyone provide me with some
> advice for password storage on my system for everything and not just
> telling
> the system to remember password, Something like a database on my system
> for
> passwords that I can search etc? Thank you everyone. wmntony@chartermi.net

Another possibility:

http://www.passwordlocker.com/
Anonymous
April 29, 2005 9:23:12 PM

i would never recommend anyone to use any software or any application to
store the passwords on your computer since you are allowing everyone to
access your personal information and later blame MS saying it is not secured
:-)

--
Sincerely,
George, Shah

"Gene Hora" <ams34@san.rr.com> wrote in message

> "SWIMMING IN PASSWORDS" <SWIMMING IN PASSWORDS@discussions.microsoft.com>
> wrote in message
>>I am sure anyone who has used a computer for longer then 5 minutes knows
>>that
>> it doesnt take long to start a very very large collection of passwords
>> for
>> windows, sites, money online things, etc., Can anyone provide me with
>> some
>> advice for password storage on my system for everything and not just
>> telling
>> the system to remember password, Something like a database on my system
>> for
>> passwords that I can search etc? Thank you everyone.
>> wmntony@chartermi.net
>
> Another possibility:
>
> http://www.passwordlocker.com/

Anonymous
May 2, 2005 1:30:48 PM

Shah wrote:
> i would never recommend anyone to use any software or any application to
> store the passwords on your computer since you are allowing everyone to
> access your personal information and later blame MS saying it is not secured
> :-)

The program I suggested, Password Depot, stores all passwords using strong
encryption algorithms (Blowfish and Rijndael) to encrypt your password
lists. Also it will generate random passwords like =tqPG[S-{w4/shMF@[dWfj
It has an auto complete function that will paste this password when needed,
thus allowing you to use very complex passwords without having to memorize
them. The program needs a password to open it and can be locked with a
single click. The access password is not stored on the computer.

gls858
!