PASSWORDS

I am sure anyone who has used a computer for longer then 5 minutes knows that
it doesnt take long to start a very very large collection of passwords for
windows, sites, money online things, etc., Can anyone provide me with some
advice for password storage on my system for everything and not just telling
the system to remember password, Something like a database on my system for
passwords that I can search etc? Thank you everyone. wmntony@chartermi.net
7 answers Last reply
More about passwords

    Do a Google search for Whisper32
    it will store your passwords.......you'll just have to remember its password
    peterk

    safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in
    sideways, chocolate in one hand, margarita in the other, body thoroughly
    used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"
    "SWIMMING IN PASSWORDS" <SWIMMING IN PASSWORDS@discussions.microsoft.com>
    wrote in message news:46ADCB2A-6DA8-41B8-A90D-A61264790123@microsoft.com...
    >I am sure anyone who has used a computer for longer then 5 minutes knows
    >that
    > it doesnt take long to start a very very large collection of passwords for
    > windows, sites, money online things, etc., Can anyone provide me with some
    > advice for password storage on my system for everything and not just
    > telling
    > the system to remember password, Something like a database on my system
    > for
    > passwords that I can search etc? Thank you everyone. wmntony@chartermi.net

    "SWIMMING IN PASSWORDS" <SWIMMING IN PASSWORDS@discussions.microsoft.com>
    wrote
    in message news:46ADCB2A-6DA8-41B8-A90D-A61264790123@microsoft.com
    > I am sure anyone who has used a computer for longer then 5 minutes knows
    > that
    > it doesnt take long to start a very very large collection of passwords for
    > windows, sites, money online things, etc., Can anyone provide me with some
    > advice for password storage on my system for everything and not just
    > telling
    > the system to remember password, Something like a database on my system
    > for
    > passwords that I can search etc? Thank you everyone. wmntony@chartermi.net

    A little spiral bound notebook and a pen work great.

    --
    Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
    http://www.fjsmjs.com

    SWIMMING IN PASSWORDS wrote:
    > I am sure anyone who has used a computer for longer then 5 minutes knows that
    > it doesnt take long to start a very very large collection of passwords for
    > windows, sites, money online things, etc., Can anyone provide me with some
    > advice for password storage on my system for everything and not just telling
    > the system to remember password, Something like a database on my system for
    > passwords that I can search etc? Thank you everyone. wmntony@chartermi.net

    I use Password Depot. Free for up to 20 passwords.
    Unlimited version $29.

    http://www.password-depot.com/

    gls858

    You could, if you wished, use a Microsoft excel spreadsheet to store all
    your passwords and maybe have a 'paper' backup that can be kept in a secure
    place. It is also a good idea to make sure you regulalrly 'backup' the excel
    workbook containing your passwords too.

    --
    John Barnett MVP
    Associate Expert

    "SWIMMING IN PASSWORDS" <SWIMMING IN PASSWORDS@discussions.microsoft.com>
    wrote in message news:46ADCB2A-6DA8-41B8-A90D-A61264790123@microsoft.com...
    >I am sure anyone who has used a computer for longer then 5 minutes knows
    >that
    > it doesnt take long to start a very very large collection of passwords for
    > windows, sites, money online things, etc., Can anyone provide me with some
    > advice for password storage on my system for everything and not just
    > telling
    > the system to remember password, Something like a database on my system
    > for
    > passwords that I can search etc? Thank you everyone. wmntony@chartermi.net

    "SWIMMING IN PASSWORDS" <SWIMMING IN PASSWORDS@discussions.microsoft.com>
    wrote in message news:46ADCB2A-6DA8-41B8-A90D-A61264790123@microsoft.com...
    >I am sure anyone who has used a computer for longer then 5 minutes knows
    >that
    > it doesnt take long to start a very very large collection of passwords for
    > windows, sites, money online things, etc., Can anyone provide me with some
    > advice for password storage on my system for everything and not just
    > telling
    > the system to remember password, Something like a database on my system
    > for
    > passwords that I can search etc? Thank you everyone. wmntony@chartermi.net

    Another possibility:

    http://www.passwordlocker.com/

    i would never recommend anyone to use any software or any application to
    store the passwords on your computer since you are allowing everyone to
    access your personal information and later blame MS saying it is not secured
    :-)

    --
    Sincerely,
    George, Shah

    Shah wrote:
    > i would never recommend anyone to use any software or any application to
    > store the passwords on your computer since you are allowing everyone to
    > access your personal information and later blame MS saying it is not secured
    > :-)

    The program I suggested, Password Depot, stores all passwords using strong
    encryption algorithms (Blowfish and Rijndael) to encrypt your password
    lists. Also it will generate random passwords like =tqPG[S-{w4/shMF@[dWfj
    It has an auto complete function that will paste this password when needed,
    thus allowing you to use very complex passwords without having to memorize
    them. The program needs a password to open it and can be locked with a
    single click. The access password is not stored on the computer.

    gls858

Microsoft Windows XP