ashiplikethat

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2006
Im looking to buy a laptop but have certain requirements

I dont want to spend more than £500
I would like to have the option of using and external moniter at times and would like to be able to connect it to my tv via a vga cable
I am thinking of scraping my old sterio and just using my laptop for music and radio to save space and would like the option to be able to connect up external speakers ie creative T20's
I need a network port (not bothered about wireless)
It is mainly going to be used for the internet / writing documents / and music as i have main pc for gaming and editing.
Could i please have your recomendations please

I know i shouldn't post this here but i could not find a forum for laptops.

ashiplikethat

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2006
thanks that seems good enough for me though i dont think it has a VGA port for use with external monitors
does anyone know if you can even get such a thing on a laptop under £500

darksidedragon

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2006
Thing is, there are different models of that Asus laptop. The one I linked to with the Celeron M processor isn't listed as having a VGA connector on scan.co.uk. It's hard to tell, as the Asus website just shows all of the specs for each version in one continuous list (the different specs aren't separated out, which is a bit rubbish really).

darksidedragon

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2006
Oh, ok, cool. I didn't check the link, only the Asus website. I personally would expect nearly all laptops to have the external VGA anyways (I've never seen a laptop without one)