Status
Not open for further replies.

wmcmillenjr

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2007
Just an FYI for all the Norton System Works ppl out there.

Norton System Works 2007 is not compatible with the 64bit verion of Vista. I found out the hard way by spending 2 hours bouncing between 3 diffrent areas. I started with normal cystomer service, and ended up at the enterprise sales section. They wanted to sell me a multi-licensed version of NAV.

joke

Distinguished
May 15, 2005
Just an FYI for all the Norton System Works ppl out there.

Norton System Works 2007 is not compatible with the 64bit verion of Vista. I found out the hard way by spending 2 hours bouncing between 3 diffrent areas. I started with normal cystomer service, and ended up at the enterprise sales section. They wanted to sell me a multi-licensed version of NAV.

A better FYI:
All of the current Norton products are Vista compatable (32 and 64 bit, I've had both working but now I'm 64-bit all the way).
However, I haven't used SystemWorks (ever) - most of that functionallity is built into 360...

I had initial problems but mine turned out to be an issue with DEP, other than that it has been solid. It seems that their license manager executes out of the data area (a really dumb thing for an anti-virus product to do). During the initial install I had the option of turning on DEP for everything and I did (a big mistake). When Norton installed, it would first tell me that everything installed fine but then, when it was kicking off the registration process, it would just say that I needed to reboot and then re-install - very poor info. I finally bought the Norton 360 package and it gave me the same problem. Norton's support was absolutely NO HELP.

After a day or so of only having MS virus support, I realized that I had enabled DEP and dummied it down to the original settings. Norton 360 came up fine, no problems and I haven't had any problems since.

What is your problem? You can get a new copy of NIS by simply following the links for Vista support, its free AND it will automatically transfer your remaining subscription over.

wisher, Norton's IS is the best thing going, with the best active virus support<period> and it has 78% market-share (that's why).

Status
Not open for further replies.