OFP crashing

Last response: in Video Games
Share
April 23, 2005 4:44:51 AM

Hi,

My MPMission has randomly crashing to desktop at times.

I have got this in my Flashpoint.rpt:

== C:\Program
Files\Codemasters\OperationFlashpoint\FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE.EXE
Exe version: Thu Oct 07 11:35:47 2004

graphics: Direct3D HW T&L , Device: NVIDIA Quadro FX 1100,
Driver:nv4_disp.dll 6.14.10.6573
resolution: 1025x769x32
Addons:
Camo in camo\, RunwayMarkerYellow in coloredlights\, UltraOWS in
ultraows\
boat in boat\, NYP_misc2RInter in rinter\, Saw in saw\, Bizon in
bizon\, Su25 in su25\
LargeRunwayMarkerYellow in coloredlights\, WhiteSilhouettedLight in
coloredlights\
mv_lr in mv_lr\, NOR_BTR60res in nor_btr60\, gunboat in vosper\, 6G30
in 6g30\
BIS_WeaponPack in o_wp\, SmallRunwayMarkerGreen in coloredlights\
anim_cust in cust_anim\, sar21 in sar21\, sar21Night in sar21\
RunwayMarkerRed in coloredlights\, BMP2 in bmp2\, RunwayMarkerBlue in
coloredlights\
RunwayMarkerGreen in coloredlights\, LAW in law\, sar21Day in sar21\,
Kozlice in kozl\
Steyr in steyr\, SmallRunwayMarkerWhite in coloredlights\
SmallRunwayMarkerBlue in coloredlights\, SmallRunwayMarkerYellow in
coloredlights\
Env_obj in env_obj\, GlowStick in glowstick\, SM1 in sm1\, AH64 in
apac\, 5ton in 5ton\
Vulcan in vulcan\, RunwayMarkerWhite in coloredlights\
WhiteIlluminateLight in coloredlights\, M203 in m203\, Farm_animal in
mig_chicken\
Hunter in hunter\, Kolo in kolo\, Mini in mini\, Trabant in trab\
RedLight in coloredlights\, Kid in nyp_kid\, NYP_misc2tri in tri\,
G36a in g36a\
CRSAKM in crsakm\, FRange in frange\, NOR_BTR60 in nor_btr60\, BRDM
in brmd\
Ch47D in ch47\, HMMWV in humr\, LaserGuided in laserguided\, Noe in
noe\, OH58 in oh58\
XMS in xms\, BIS_Resistance in o\, SmallRunwayMarkerRed in
coloredlights\
LargeRunwayMarkerWhite in coloredlights\, CRSAKMGL in crsakm\, Flags1
in flags\
MM1 in mm-1\, LSV in lsv\, NYP_CONFIG in nyp_config\, Bradley in
m2a2\
Mods: RES;nyp
Date: 04/17/05 Time: 07:27:23
Exception code: C0000005 ACCESS_VIOLATION at 006070CA
Version 1.96
Fault address: 006070CA 01:002060CA C:\Program
Files\Codemasters\OperationFlashpoint\FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE.EXE
file: SMI-BRCC-Milestone1-2-3-4-5-6
world: Peninsula
Prev. code bytes: 8B 18 74 0C 8B 4D F0 85 C9 74 05 E8 98 36 EB FF
Fault code bytes: 83 BB B0 00 00 00 01 75 22 8B 45 EC 8B 40 08 D9

Registers:
EAX:10C5E09C EBX:00000000
ECX:106A7E70 EDX:00000001
ESI:13B67600 EDI:00000020
CS:EIP:001B:006070CA
SS:ESP:0023:0012FA2C EBP:0012FA58
DS:0023 ES:0023 FS:003B GS:0000
Flags:00010246

I have no idea what this is actually
I was thinking if part of my scripts actually causes a buffer overflow
However, I read somewhere in here that says it might be problem with
hardware
I tested my mission in both ATI and geForce, it still crashes

Anyone has idea of this?

Thanks

More about : ofp crashing

April 23, 2005 9:33:18 PM

thanks, I will try that out

by the way, what -nomap does actually?
April 23, 2005 11:57:53 PM

by the way,

only the server always CTD.
would this be the same problem that nomap solves?
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
April 24, 2005 1:22:13 AM

I tried putting -nosplash -nomap
The server still crashes with the same Exception code: C0000005
ACCESS_VIOLATION at 006070CA

My server swap file is about 300 MB
April 24, 2005 1:59:13 AM

** server = host

also I only have -nosplash -nomap on the host machine
Anonymous
April 24, 2005 2:49:10 AM

make a shortcut for OFP

on the target line
after all the stuff in " " place the following two things

-nomap -nosplah

see if this fixes your problems

the no splash gets rid of the Operation Flashpoint flashscreen at beginning

the no map should solve your memory problems

"stan" <stanley.haryoto@gmail.com> wrote in message
> [...]
> Files\Codemasters\OperationFlashpoint\FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE.EXE
> file: SMI-BRCC-Milestone1-2-3-4-5-6
> world: Peninsula
> Prev. code bytes: 8B 18 74 0C 8B 4D F0 85 C9 74 05 E8 98 36 EB FF
> Fault code bytes: 83 BB B0 00 00 00 01 75 22 8B 45 EC 8B 40 08 D9
>
> Registers:
> EAX:10C5E09C EBX:00000000
> ECX:106A7E70 EDX:00000001
> ESI:13B67600 EDI:00000020
> CS:EIP:001B:006070CA
> SS:ESP:0023:0012FA2C EBP:0012FA58
> DS:0023 ES:0023 FS:003B GS:0000
> Flags:00010246
>
> I have no idea what this is actually
> I was thinking if part of my scripts actually causes a buffer overflow
> However, I read somewhere in here that says it might be problem with
> hardware
> I tested my mission in both ATI and geForce, it still crashes

April 24, 2005 4:17:26 AM

Could this be caused by too many addons too?
My own addons folder actually has about 47 pbos
Not all are used for my MP mission though
April 24, 2005 4:38:30 AM

I found out also that my ofp was not patched with 1.94
The patches applied are 1.85, 1.90, 1.91, 1.96

would this cause the memore problem?
Anonymous
April 24, 2005 5:23:48 AM

please refer to the following website...

search for nomap

http://www.theavonlady.org/theofpfaq/

all your questions will be answered

> thanks, I will try that out
>
> by the way, what -nomap does actually?

April 24, 2005 11:30:45 PM

no there is a single patch that patches from the 1.85 to 1.96...
so you don't have to get every single patch update...
to many addons yeah, this could be. But I mean you would have to have over 4
gigs of adons. I've heard about peps with this many addons running into
problems...
Other then that you've activated fade protection and it's killing your
game.... but that is just a guess...
April 25, 2005 11:15:33 PM

I patched one machine with 1.85 and 1.96, works fine
patch another machine, it crashed

I noticed that it is always having the same problem C0000005
ACCESS_VIOLATION 006070CA
any machine shows the same exception code

What could this mean?
Anonymous
May 10, 2005 3:07:20 AM

First thing to check is video-drivers and overheating.

On the system that crashes, can you play other 3d games ?

The -nomap option loads only the addons used for the mission, so you can
have 3 Gb of addons without overloading the system. It just gets what is
needed.

Then check for double addons (/res/addons and /addons). There might be a
conflict if you have 2 different addons with the same name in each of the
folders. That causes lots of troubles on dedicated servers.

When you can't sort it, it might be a memory problem. Try running Prime95
and see if it gives errors. If it does, you have a memory failure, a MB
failure or a CPU failure.

--
Jan van Zanten
SG Marianum