Tools, Folder Options ...

The "Folder Options" button under the "Tools" section of the menu bar is not
there. All I have is the Network Drive options. What did I unintentionally do
to remove it? How do I get it back?

I have XP Home SP2, pre-installed on a new laptop.

Help
2 answers Last reply
More about tools folder options

    Download this reg file to the desktop:
    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/regs_edits/folderoptions.reg
    click twice on it and choose "yes". You ma need to restart Windows.

    "John P." <cbtengr@hotmail.com> escribió en el mensaje news:D56FB1F9-6A9B-4BF8-93D6-D33268F607C9@microsoft.com...
    > The "Folder Options" button under the "Tools" section of the menu bar is not
    > there. All I have is the Network Drive options. What did I unintentionally do
    > to remove it? How do I get it back?
    >
    > I have XP Home SP2, pre-installed on a new laptop.
    >
    > Help

    Hi John,

    NoFolderOptions policy hides the "Folder Options" applet in the Control
    Panel, and the "Folder Options" sub-menu under Tools menu in Windows
    Explorer. To get the option back, (For stand-alone systems) follow this:

    Start Regedit.exe and navigate to:

    [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer]
    and
    [HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer]

    Backup the keys, and delete the "NoFolderOptions" value in the right pane.

    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User

    "John P." <cbtengr@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > The "Folder Options" button under the "Tools" section of the menu bar is
    > not
    > there. All I have is the Network Drive options. What did I unintentionally
    > do
    > to remove it? How do I get it back?
    >
    > I have XP Home SP2, pre-installed on a new laptop.
    >
    > Help

Microsoft Network Drive Windows XP