Help finding a new case...

djgandy

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2006
Hey guys.
I'm looking for a new case and the basic requirement is that it is deep.

My current case is the themaltake soprano(?) (see pic), and now i have 3 hard drives it is running out of space.

All my hdd's have cooler fans on them, which means they take up 2 slots because of the bulk of the fan so it is not possible to arrange them however i like.

With newer graphics cards taking up so much room I think this case will see the end of its life in the next few months.
My current card is the 6600 GT and that's small in comparison to the newer cards.
I'll probably be buying an 8800 GTS 320mb.

Here's a pic of my current case... (yes the fan is spinning)

Inside is...

3DVD's
3HDD's

Graphics
Sound
TV Card
Wireless Card

Any suggestions appreciated!

Talon

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2004
I'm going to offer another choice, while I think the Antec 900 is a good case, I can't get past its fugliness ( I know subjective tho).

How about this NZXT Case. It has space for 6 HDDs. Its pretty big. Has room for an 8800GTX if you decide to go up to that later. It comes with 8 fans and has an ass-ton of airflow. I'm really surprised how quiet it is to have so many fans. Its about the same as my old Chenbro with just a 92mm intake and 120 exhaust ! 8O

Well thats just an option for ya, I think it looks edgy and classy at the same time, its for a new build I'm working on, I just was the proud giftee of an E6300 cpu. So I suppose I won't wait any longer to build a C2D rig hehe.

Gary_Busey

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2006
NZXT has some of the nicest cases. For such a new company, they're really impressing me. I'm thinking about going with the Apollo for my next case.

djgandy

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2006
Thanks guys.

My mate has the 180. It looks good, spacious and is very quiet.
Can't get the same case as him though! ;) Although i guess in silver that would be okay :p