More about : xfx gigabyte

April 27, 2007 1:26:24 PM

Add one more to the comparison:

ASUS EN8800GTS/HTDP/320MB
April 27, 2007 1:27:48 PM

XFX Rocks! :twisted:
Related resources
April 27, 2007 2:37:02 PM

xfx has this great new double lifetime warranty this will warranty will cost nothing extra and will cover overclocking and software modding but not physical mooding.amazing warranty and if you sell it to someone they get the warranty as well. all you have to do is register on the xfx website with purchase info and you are good to go. even thoug xfx might cost more the quality is better and the fans(coolers) are better. i do not know about telephone tech support i think it is all via email and "tickets".

hope this helps

xfx is the best brand out there if you buy buy xfx
April 27, 2007 3:49:22 PM

Thanks for the praise dortmund371, but to clarify a bit our new warranty terms do cover hardware modifications as long as they do not physically damage the video card. Make sure you keep the original hardware as you will need to put the video card back to stock if you ever need an RMA.

XFX Support
April 27, 2007 4:18:12 PM

wow didnt realise these forums have industry representitives to answer some questions.
April 27, 2007 4:25:09 PM

We're important. Plus, if thats a move by the company themselves and not just a guy who happens to work at XFX, that's pretty smart. Entrench your customer service people in areas where actual users and do-it-yourselfers are.
April 29, 2007 12:16:16 AM

Well, first I'll say what I like about XFX. They have solid support and in this day that's almost miraculous.

However, I did purchase 2 cards, one AGP and the other PCI-E. The AGP stopped working after 6 weeks(RMA'd after email support) and the PCI-E (yet to RMA since I will be moving) started crashing after 8 weeks.
April 29, 2007 1:45:41 AM

Can't comment on the Gigabyte card cause I've never owned any of their graphics cards. However, I have owned a few XFX cards and I have never had a single problem with any of them.
April 29, 2007 2:36:34 AM

I can't tell you to buy this or that card because I have no expirience with the Gigabyte, or the Asus card for that matter, but I do have a XFX 7300GS and have been beating the sucker 24/7 for almost eight months without a glich :D 

What I can say is that you won't regret buying the XFX card, and if the worst happens... there is an extensive warranty to satisfy your needs :wink:
Anonymous
April 29, 2007 2:43:41 PM

go for EVGA that have lifetime warranty and stepup program for 90 days.
!