Sign in with
Your question

the I stand by my words thread for unreleased GPU's

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
April 27, 2007 7:55:18 PM

I just wanted to start a thread where people can express thier opinion about UNRELEASED GPU's.

This is where real men stand by thier words.

If joeblow.com produces benchmark tests of something that is not released and you want to call it a BUST or KILLER CARD based on that lone site...or lone review.... be a man and post it here... Claim your opinion is fact here...

so later if you are right...you can claim you know it all and get your props

and if you are wrong... you can be laughed at for jumping he gun and being a noob.

any brave souls?

any one from the ATI SUCKS threads care to go on record officially?
April 27, 2007 8:01:01 PM

It's official. The GPU forums have now just gone down the shitter just like the CPU forums.
April 27, 2007 8:06:33 PM

i just want people how wanna claim how smart they are to have a place to show and prove.

with the available data....most sane people would say things are INCONCLUSIVE
Related resources
April 27, 2007 8:20:23 PM

Yet you're simply adding fuel to the fire for another worthless flamefest. Seriously, I know you're smarter than this. The forums are torn up enough as it is with every little retarded (or viral) chicken little running around claiming any worthless shred of blog info as fact.

I don't need another thread to find out which people are the idiots on these forums as their own posts are proof enough.
a c 147 U Graphics card
April 27, 2007 8:27:35 PM

My opinion is the ATI cards look like they are a let down to a very large hype. I'm not saying they SUCK.. But they they are a big let down. A huge power hungry high clocked card that can't beat out a seasoned card from nvidia? That sucks. Granted they are not officially releast yet and ATI has some small hope to redeem themself but the odds are not in their favor from what I've seen.

By the way Dailytech.com does not equal joeblow.com

I am an ATI fan however I am also a fan of change and the bigger better deal. If ati produces a "sucky" card in comparison to the current 8800GTX then yes I guess they do suck. However they have still yet to show how their midrange cards will do or the XT model. I will hold my complete and final works until after the official production release and we can pick them up off the shelf and take them home... well those of you that do pick them up.
April 27, 2007 8:34:24 PM

Quote:
It's official. The GPU forums have now just gone down the shitter just like the CPU forums.

Yea, let's just let this topic die, and keep integrity unlike the CPU forum.
April 27, 2007 8:36:11 PM

Quote:
Yet you're simply adding fuel to the fire for another worthless flamefest. Seriously, I know you're smarter than this. The forums are torn up enough as it is with every little retarded (or viral) chicken little running around claiming any worthless shred of blog info as fact.

I don't need another thread to find out which people are the idiots on these forums as their own posts are proof enough.

you are right...

i am a big anoobis fan... your posts are always on point

just frustrated with people calling something a bust or a dud with no solid proof.
April 27, 2007 8:40:35 PM

All I have to say is check ANY of my posts regarding "benchmarks" for the R600. It's just wrong that people put up numbers that cant be verified, showing stock pictures that everyone has (no pics of the test system with the card), and somehow they are the only ones with the phantom card. It's bogus. Until I hear from someplace reliable with the proof to back it up, I'm not buying it.
Just wait a couple more weeks, then let the ATI fanboys tell us all about it. Rather have them go and waste their money than me. 8O
Just like I said before... I'll wait until they get the cards ON THE MARKET. If they can.... :lol:  Until then, it's just speculation because pre-production cards and their drivers are NEVER exactly what the end product will be.

I've had ATI's cards for years... I stuck with my 9700pro and didnt need an upgrade for almost 4 years. Great card. ATI, as a company, is screwing itself royally with this whole deal of delays; excuses; and bad, seemingly ficticious benchmarks. They should have released the test cards out weeks ago and ended all the speculation. Like I said before, the hype never gets lived up to...
Here's my prediction: The 2900 series comes out, and just like the PS3, I bet that production problems kill them at first, then, no one will want them because of all the bad mojo.... just my 2 cents.
April 27, 2007 8:47:35 PM

Quote:

Yea, let's just let this topic die, and keep integrity unlike the CPU forum.

Ha ha ... that was funny :lol: 
a b U Graphics card
April 27, 2007 11:34:13 PM

I'd express my thoughts, but it seems the crowd has spoken and death is to be the pronnouncement in the thread.

BTW, mark my words MATROX WILL RISE AGAIN !!
and maybe fall, and then rise, and then fall, and then eventually release another card, but don't design your Crysis rig around it, but maybe HL3, Doom4 or UT2K9 !!

April 27, 2007 11:43:53 PM

Quote:
BTW, mark my words MATROX WILL RISE AGAIN !!

I knew you would bust in here with your fanboyism. :lol: 
a b U Graphics card
April 28, 2007 12:04:27 AM

You're just jealous of a 512bit VPU and Surround gaming !!

You say: OOohhh look at my AA, look at my DX9/DX10 !!
Bah, Matrox did 16XAA a long time ago, and DX8 with VS2.0+ looks great, so there !! :roll:

You guys are all gonna regret not waiting for the new Matrox Cards !! :twisted:
a b U Graphics card
April 28, 2007 12:16:48 AM

I say the Matrox Ultra 290088 GXTX Extreme will wok everytime sometimes
a b U Graphics card
April 28, 2007 12:19:41 AM

Some may think I was trying to type work, no, you CAN cook on this baby 8O
a b U Graphics card
April 28, 2007 12:23:03 AM

Oh crap, I just realized that this isnt the stand by my WOK thread...my bad
April 28, 2007 12:44:50 AM

AGA WILL RISE AGAIN!!!!!!!!
April 28, 2007 12:47:09 AM

You don't have to cry anymore, ATI will catch up someday.
April 28, 2007 1:07:01 AM

Quote:

I'm sure we will.
April 28, 2007 1:38:04 AM

jez call yourselves computer heads and AGA means nothin 8O
April 28, 2007 2:08:08 PM

Quote:
You're just jealous of a 512bit VPU and Surround gaming !!

You say: OOohhh look at my AA, look at my DX9/DX10 !!
Bah, Matrox did 16XAA a long time ago, and DX8 with VS2.0+ looks great, so there !! :roll:

Yep, and all this on a VESA-2 card!!! :lol:  (just reminiscing on the old days of 486's and Gravis Ultrasound cards...)
!