Alarm sounded when listening to MP3 using ear phone - too ..

July 21, 2005 4:48:27 PM

When I listen to MP3 on my PPC, the alarm sounded and it was very very
loud. I don't want to turn off the alarm. I wonder if there is a way
to solve this problem ? Thanks.
July 22, 2005 1:19:26 AM

flahmeshess wrote:
> When I listen to MP3 on my PPC, the alarm sounded and it was very very
> loud. I don't want to turn off the alarm. I wonder if there is a way
> to solve this problem ? Thanks.

Nope! I can't think of a way anyway other than turning down the volume -
but then of course you have to remember to turn it back up when you
unplug, so you might as well just remember the event.

The numbver of times I've been walking down a street and have suddenly
"jumped" thinking "wtf was that?! " when my alarm goes off. Even worse
when in the car and the music's pumping through the sterio and it blasts
off.

My TV has seperate volume control for headphones, PPC's should have this
too.

--
Marc
Visit http://www.iMarc.co.uk/ for contact information and reviews.

You can generate some "quiet" was files that have low volume copies of
the normal alerts and select them as alert tones... problem is they will
sound quietly when you are not listening to media.

Seems like an opening for a util that senses when media is playing and
points the alerts to the quiet copies, then back to the normal volume
wav's when the player is idle.

Beverly Howard [MS MVP-Mobile Devices]
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
July 22, 2005 1:19:27 AM

nother thought... a long alert wav that starts out quite and escalates
such as the phone tone options.

Beverly Howard [MS MVP-Mobile Devices]
Anonymous
July 22, 2005 3:41:07 AM

message news:%23zPqH3jjFHA.708@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> nother thought... a long alert wav that starts out quite and escalates
> such as the phone tone options.

Darn good thinkin'.

July 25, 2005 1:11:09 AM

You could try pockethone and set one of the profiles to have low volume and
even use it to to start the MP3 player.

Gordon

"Chance Hopkins" <chance_hopkins@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> "Beverly Howard [Ms-MVP/MobileDev]" <BevNoSpamBevHoward.com> wrote in
> message news:%23zPqH3jjFHA.708@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
>> nother thought... a long alert wav that starts out quite and escalates
>> such as the phone tone options.
>
> Darn good thinkin'.
>

>> Beverly Howard [MS MVP-Mobile Devices]

July 25, 2005 4:36:22 PM

Run your mp3's through volume normalization so they aren't so quite - then
you set the master volume lower.

mp3gain let's you quickly normalize. http://mp3gain.sourceforge.net/
!