AMD Dual-Core Optimizer not installing or working properly

elsporko

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2007
I have an X2 3800+, so I figured it would be a good idea to install the dual-core optimizer. I downloaded the .exe, installed it, it said it finished properly, but it obviously didn't.

When I go into program files > AMD > Dual-core Optimizer and open the file there, nothing happens. My cursor shows the loading bar for maybe .5 seconds, and then disappears. The program doesn't even appear in my Add/Remove Programs list.

Something's messed up, I've installed/uninstalled over 3 times, and nothing.

Anyone have any advice?

whisenhunt

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2008
Yeah I have the EXACT same problem on an AMD4000+ Windows XP sp2 machine... can't figure it out... no one knows... i've even done the guides on how to install with hotfix... NOTHING working... have uninstalled/installed atleast 5 times... please help! =D

LukeBird

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2007
I installed it on my system, but it's quite an odd installer, never gives you much in the way of information of what it's doing!
It loads both of my cores 100% on Seti@Home, so I assume it's working ok!
Oh and 100% loading have never seen temps higher than 56C on stock cooling! :D

ammowaster

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2008
im having this same problem....sorry for reviving a dead thread but i searched and i need an answer for this. im running an amd athlon 4400x2. i installed it a few times, and when i double-click the .exe file in the installed folder, nothing happens. thanks in advance. ive downloaded it from a few different places and installed but im getting the same problem