cable vs. samsung t451

just a wild question. If I turn in my digital cable box back to my cable
company, and just asked for basic (12 channels= 13.00 a month). Then
hooked my active cable to the samsungt451, would it decode or descramble
any of the cable channels to digital? Or just stick with my 4 bay uhf
and let it do it's thing? curious? thanks for your help.....
2 answers Last reply
More about cable samsung t451

    You will get from the CATV supplier just what you pay for, the OTA for
    available HiDef channels will work if the signal level is acceptable.

    mikeeee wrote:

    > just a wild question. If I turn in my digital cable box back to my cable
    > company, and just asked for basic (12 channels= 13.00 a month). Then
    > hooked my active cable to the samsungt451, would it decode or descramble
    > any of the cable channels to digital? Or just stick with my 4 bay uhf
    > and let it do it's thing? curious? thanks for your help.....

    MIKE:

    Your Samsung T-451 Digital tuner will not FIND the

    Basic Cable Analog Channels.... Your HDTV Analog

    Tuner will find them IF you split the Cable line to the

    RF Port on your HDTV....

    The Samsung T-451 will Find most unencrypted (with STD & IRC scans)

    Digital & HD channels in the range of Chan 80 thru Chan 125.

HDTV Cable Samsung Home Theatre