Videos colorless in any player

Matthiasrj

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2007
Hi. I've been googling for hours and I couldn't find a solution. Someone here had the same problem but his solution didn't work 4 me. So I landed here :?:

I just installed Windows XP PRO service pack 2 on my new pc. Then I tried to play a video in Windows Media Player 11 but it played in black and white.

I tried to play it in BS Player PRO and the quicktime player that came with the last version of iTunes, hopeless...

Please help me solve this issue.

Thanks. :p

My hardware:
Genuine Intel Processor Pentium D 945 3.4Ghz
Gigabyte Motherboard GA-945PL-S3 with Intel 945PL express chipset
512MB DDR2/533
SATA2 120Gb Hard Drive
Nvidia Ge-Force 7 Series (7300GT) 256Mb (PCI-E)

edklite

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2006
its not in color then. did you try videolan?
also media player classic played it b+w also?

videolan has its own codecs and can play anything, hower if so many players on your pc is playing it black and white then perhaps it is black and white.

Matthiasrj

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2007
its not in color then. did you try videolan?
also media player classic played it b+w also?

videolan has its own codecs and can play anything, hower if so many players on your pc is playing it black and white then perhaps it is black and white.

lol. Yeah, I know that might have been the problem but unafortunately the video IS in color, because i tried different formats and videos and the iTunes pic of the vid is in color.
I'll try that videolan thing, tell u later how it did.

edklite

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2006
forget the pic of the video, trust me that video is black and white, any change you can give me link to download so I can test it myself ?