Sign in with
Your question

Cant remove viruses - Windows XP

Last response: in Windows XP
March 3, 2007 9:27:01 PM

hey guys maybe some of you can help me out

last week i got a popup saying virus has been detected by avg. this hasnt happened in a while and i just as usual click move to virus vault. but the next day i run a scan and i find about 6 viruses. as i ran the scan the viruses were removed automatically. But the next day auto scan ran which is really unusual because it doesnt usually run scans opn its own unless theres a virus on the computer. But it detected another 6-5 viruses. and it has been going on until today. a virus everyday and all i have been doing is gaming on bf2.

information that mite be needed is that i use Avg free edition which is the latest version and i use Ad-aware SE personal for spyware.

More about : remove viruses windows

March 3, 2007 10:41:24 PM

Run AVG in Safe Mode under Administrator as well as Adware. make sure you update both before you go into safe mode. If that doesn't work, write down the name of the virus(s) and there location.
March 5, 2007 7:16:46 AM

Quote:
Run AVG in Safe Mode under Administrator as well as Adware. make sure you update both before you go into safe mode. If that doesn't work, write down the name of the virus(s) and there location.

after doing wat u explained i have not experienced any viruses until today, thank u for your help and i will update this forum if help is needed once agen.
March 5, 2007 10:26:25 AM

Glad it worked
!