Strange windows display problem -Contents of menus disapear

fishquail

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2006
When im running some programs, such as adobe after effects or painter or premiere or other programs, sometimes the screen flashes white, or I loose part of the display window - it becomes transparent. Contents of the menues may disappear partially. This is some kind of display problem. I know it not hardware becasue I have a dual boot of the same OS and this dosnt happen on the other partition. It sounds like a video card driver problem...but ive unistalled and re-installed the video driver and still problem persists.

ZombieDawg

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2007
I signed up for this forum just to answer your question!

I've been having the exact same problem in After Effects and I've been pulling my hair out trying to backtrack my steps over the past couple of months to try and figure out what had changed in my laptop's configuration. You're never going to believe what was causing it (at least for me)

Microsoft IntelliPoint Drivers (v6.1) was the culprit!

I tried tweaking the settings within the Intellipoint control panel, but in the end, the only thing that worked was uninstalling Intellipoint altogether. Now my After Effects is annoyance free! And to think that it only took me 6 hours to troubleshoot that...

Why did I think that it might have been the IntelliPoint? Well, I decided to see if I would get the same jittery windows in AE if I navigated the menus with the keyboard, and didn't... so I figured that it was some sort of mouse focus related thing and remember the recent acquisition of one Microsoft Wireless Notebook Mouse.

Ugh. I can't even begin to speculate on what Microsoft added to the driver that would turn the normally benign mouse pointer evil.

Please let me know if this info was related to the problems you were having.

fishquail

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2006
Hey Thanks Zombie!

That was it!

I do have a Microsoft wireless laser mouse 600 and the drivers for Intelpoint were installed. I uninstalled intelpoint and it works properly now. I can now use painter! This was bothering me for months. thanks. I know that there must be others out there experiencing this problem.