Sign in with
Your question
Closed

7900 GT can not handle Vista?

Last response: in Windows Vista
March 4, 2007 4:46:23 AM

I ran the WindowsVistaUpgradeAdvisor today. All my hardware pass except for my video card.

The WindowsVistaUpgradeAdvisor told me to upgrade my video card after I installed Windows Vista. Why must I upgrade my Video card? Is my video not compatible with Direct X9 or with shader Model 3. This card is not under 100.00 dollars and can play any games w/moderate setting. Windows Vista probably think this video card is too old and I need to pay 300.00 + for a video card in order to view their aero display and eye candies

I just custom built this computer a month ago and it is already obselote. WindowsVistaUpgradeAdvisor is gay.

Here my setup:
Core 2 Duo at 2.23
Asus P532N Deluxe SE
512 x 2 Corsair XMS2
Nvidia 7900 GT

More about : 7900 handle vista

March 4, 2007 4:47:16 PM

If my ATi Radeon 9700 Pro can display Aero, so can your nVidia GeForce 7900GT. My card is significantly older and DX 9 compliant with no Shader Model 3 support. Don't follow what the upgrade advisor tells you; instead check with nVidia to see which cards they sell support Aero.

(ATi says that any card better than a Radeon 9500 will be compatible with Aero).
March 4, 2007 5:41:21 PM

Quote:
If my ATi Radeon 9700 Pro can display Aero, so can your nVidia GeForce 7900GT. My card is significantly older and DX 9 compliant with no Shader Model 3 support. Don't follow what the upgrade advisor tells you; instead check with nVidia to see which cards they sell support Aero.

(ATi says that any card better than a Radeon 9500 will be compatible with Aero).
He already knows all that Zolrat! He was pointing out exactly HOW GAY the MS upgrade advisor thing is! More than that, the advisor is telling him to get a new video card. It is true that none of the current cards have the needed TPM components so in that case the advisor is correct. The current cards cannot protect HD content!
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
March 7, 2007 12:15:26 PM

First off, shut up. Secondly, the advisory is talking about DX10, which G70 cards cannot support. Not necessary, but its the truth.
March 7, 2007 4:08:27 PM

Quote:
First off, shut up. Secondly, the advisory is talking about DX10, which G70 cards cannot support. Not necessary, but it’s the truth.
First off ......... NO! Secondly you are another one that simply cannot read to good! With that in mind I will restate things for your small mind to correctly grasp.

Here is what I posted:
Quote:
He already knows all that Zolrat! He was pointing out exactly HOW GAY the MS upgrade advisor thing is! More than that, the advisor is telling him to get a new video card. It is true that none of the current cards have the needed TPM components so in that case the advisor is correct. The current cards cannot protect HD content!
True I messed up Zoloft's name with the use of Zolrat. What can I say my bad! MS upgrade advisor is not that accurate in many cases and in a younger man's sort of flair I said that was GAY. Not the same sort of gay you have with Ninjas and Zoloft's doing the nasty dance but that silly sort of Gay from the 20ies (long time ago). The poster said the "advisor" advised him to get a new video card. Since he has a 7900 card and the only video card requirement to setup Vista is "DIRECT X 9 COMPLIANT VIDEO CARD" what could be the issue? I know this since I used the same advisor and it said my ATI card would be better with more VRAM. It never mentioned anything else.

It is true, that, it is true; none of the current cards have the needed TPM components so in that case the advisor is correct. TPM is a chip and in time there will have to be TPM compliance with all components on the PVP/PAP (PMP). The motherboards will have TPMs, the audio cards will have TPMs and the video cards will have TPMs. TPM stands for "Trusted Platform Module" and onto these are KEYS so that each part of the media pathway is encrypted. You think it is the Direct X 10 but in fact it is the TPM or lack thereof. The DirectX forces the TPM into your system.

TPM is part of MS’es Bit Locker allowing for drive encryption using of all things AACS LA. Ironically the PMP will use the same tech though most of it is disabled at the moment to a critical mass is met.

Now a personal note to you DaSickNinja, DON'T ever think you can tell me what to do. You should take your own advice and do the "SHUTTING UP". I can post pretty much what I want the same way that you can. You seem to be defending the other dweeb and we all know that Zoloft can take care of himself! Go and lock this thread or better yet try to ban me if you want. Regardless, the plan is that all computers over the next few years will be based on AACS compliant TPM computing PERIOD! To me it seems that I should admire you in the same way that I admire Zoloft!

Hugs & Kisses
March 8, 2007 3:27:48 PM

If you'll get over yourself for a minute, you'll see that I agreed that Vista's Upgrade Advisor is, in fact, gay. I said you should never rely on said advisor, but go to the manufacturer's website. I don't know how you managed to turn this into an argument after I had already agreed with the original poster... but you did. Congrats!

If your vid card works, displays Aero and does everything you ask of it, then it is not "obsolete"... despite what the stupid advisor tells you. Yeah, it's not DX 10 compliant and it's likely not HDCP compliant, but it will still work. (Minus playing HD content, that is)

Stop turning everything into a flamefest. If you wish to disagree, do it in a more agreeable manner.
March 8, 2007 4:01:33 PM

Quote:
If you'll get over yourself for a minute, you'll see that I agreed that Vista's Upgrade Advisor is, in fact, gay. I said you should never rely on said advisor, but go to the manufacturer's website. I don't know how you managed to turn this into an argument after I had already agreed with the original poster... but you did. Congrats!

If your vid card works, displays Aero and does everything you ask of it, then it is not "obsolete"... despite what the stupid advisor tells you. Yeah, it's not DX 10 compliant and it's likely not HDCP compliant, but it will still work. (Minus playing HD content, that is)

Stop turning everything into a flamefest. If you wish to disagree, do it in a more agreeable manner.
You didn't! You told him what to do after the fact. It's only an arguement if you continue to engage me on it. Regardless I still admire you!
March 8, 2007 5:06:31 PM

And by saying what I said, I implied that the upgrade advisor is crap. You simply assume what you want for the sake of creating argument. Apparently, someone didn't explain to you what assuming does:

If you assume, you make an ASS out of U and ME.

Don't make assumptions. Don't presume you know exactly what I meant when I'm telling you otherwise. I know what I meant, because I'm the one that typed it. If it is unclear to you, then ask for clarification. Don't jump all over me based on what you assumed I meant... it only makes you look like a first class ass.
March 8, 2007 6:55:04 PM

Quote:
And by saying what I said, I implied that the upgrade advisor is crap. You simply assume what you want for the sake of creating argument. Apparently, someone didn't explain to you what assuming does:

If you assume, you make an ASS out of U and ME.

Don't make assumptions. Don't presume you know exactly what I meant when I'm telling you otherwise. I know what I meant, because I'm the one that typed it. If it is unclear to you, then ask for clarification. Don't jump all over me based on what you assumed I meant... it only makes you look like a first class ass.
It's more like this: You will always be an ASS regardless of assumption, presumption or even speculation. :roll:
March 8, 2007 8:38:53 PM

I love your logic (or rather a lack thereof). You make gross assumptions (call it speculation if you wish... I couldn't care less), post a diatribe based on those assumptions and then have the nerve to call me an ass?

Nice.

Is it any wonder why you get the type of responses you do? Stop assuming, speculating or whatever the hell you want to call it and then flaming based on your lack of facts. If you're going to flame someone, flame then based on fact... not what you perceive as fact.
March 8, 2007 10:57:01 PM

Quote:
I love your logic (or rather a lack thereof). You make gross assumptions (call it speculation if you wish... I couldn't care less), post a diatribe based on those assumptions and then have the nerve to call me an ass?

Nice.

Is it any wonder why you get the type of responses you do? Stop assuming, speculating or whatever the hell you want to call it and then flaming based on your lack of facts. If you're going to flame someone, flame then based on fact... not what you perceive as fact.
Wow that is totally far out dude.
March 9, 2007 7:28:31 PM

Quote:
First off, shut up. Secondly, the advisory is talking about DX10, which G70 cards cannot support. Not necessary, but it’s the truth.
First off ......... NO! Secondly you are another one that simply cannot read to good! With that in mind I will restate things for your small mind to correctly grasp.

I think since your small mind couldn't handle writing, let alone reading in school, I will help you.

Your sentence should read: Second, you are another person that simply cannot read too well!

Have a nice day!

PS: You are an idiot.
March 20, 2007 6:19:26 PM

just for the record, I have a 7900GT in my system and the adviser says the card is fine and needs no upgrade :?
March 24, 2007 6:24:08 PM

That's strange, upgrade advisor tells me my system is just fine for an upgrade to vista with full eye candy and aero. I have E6600 stock speed, 1 GB ram, 7600GT. Try drivers, maybe... Honestly, im sorry but there is no reason why you shouldn't actually run everything Vista offers. Forget the advisor, try it yourself!
!