I have a condition in Windows XP Pro that occurs whenever I attempt to open
a folder that is on my desktop or when I plug in a USB drive and tell
autoplay to open a folder for viewing. Instead of opening the folder, a
search window comes up that is identical to the one that opens when
searching for a file or folder is attempted, except the place where the
drives to search would be it has the name of the folder that was clicked on.
I would appreciate any help I could get

Hi Old Ranger,

A common problem with an easy fix, see:
http://www.dougknox.com/xp/scripts_desc/xp_folder_open.htm

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Old Ranger" <darby@starband.net> wrote in message
>I have a condition in Windows XP Pro that occurs whenever I attempt to open
> a folder that is on my desktop or when I plug in a USB drive and tell
> autoplay to open a folder for viewing. Instead of opening the folder, a
> search window comes up that is identical to the one that opens when
> searching for a file or folder is attempted, except the place where the
> drives to search would be it has the name of the folder that was clicked
> on.
> I would appreciate any help I could get

WOW!!! How fantastic. Thank you SO MUCH. I just wish I had not put up with
the problem for a month before deciding to ask.
Thanks again.