Sign in with
Your question

connect3D 3070 Radeon X1650XT question

Last response: in Components
April 28, 2007 7:20:13 AM

Hello all,

Anyone know if this card actually has a 256bit interface as it states. There seems to be some question as to the veracity of the listing. I have checked out the manufacturers website and they don't even have the card listed at all. I am considering this card for my father's e-machines rig but don't want to buy it only to find out I have been lied to. It seems like a fairly good price if it does indeed have the DDR3 mem and the 256bit interface. Anyone know?

April 28, 2007 7:21:38 PM

Quote:
Since your father has an eMachiene i take it he isn't a gamer so weather it's 256bit interface or not dosn't really matter. But Newegg is pretty good about having accurate information. The information they list will either come from the manufactures web site or from the actual manuel for the item.

Thanks for the reply. No Dad isn't a gamer but I am looking to get him the best "bang for the buck" card out there in the $100 range. I am not interested in going the other direction by buying a severly outdated card just to buy something on the cheap, but I am willing to pay a bit more if necessary. What I don't want is to be lied to about features.

All of this is to say that it appears connect3d is misrepresenting the card and new egg either knows nothing about it or hasn't taken the time to correct the listing. The card does only have a 128 bit interface. I cross-posted this question in a thread at Anandtech. Here is a link to that discussion if anyone is interested.

Thanks again for your response mpilch.

!