BSOD Installing Vista Problem!!! PLEASE HELP!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hays1530

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2007
Hey guys,
okay, heres the problem. I built a computer made entirely of new hardware and when i tried installing windows vista i got the blue screen of death (BSOD). I installed windows xp and tried running the vista setup from windows. It did fine untill it restarted to continue setup and then on setup load i got the BSOD again.

The Vista disk is a brand new Home Premium disk. I also tried installing of a different vista disk and same thing...

When i boot into the cd, it loads setup files and goes into the bootup screen with the green bars moving at the bottom. When that finishes the BSOD pops up. It always comes up at that point. What can i do and what is my problem?

My Specs:

GIGABYTE GA-81945GMH-RH
INTEL 650 P4 @ 3.4 GHz
1 Stick 1GB RAM
80GB HDD seagate
PSU @ 550W Output
ATI X800 GTO 256MB

Any help would be greatly appreciated and thanks in advance.

Hays1530

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2007
jeez...thanks for the help smart ass.

I meant the hardware was all bought a few days ago and i haven't used it before.

choknuti

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2006
You might try gigabyte site for a bios update. Since it is during setup there is nothing which can be done reg drivers.

Also try changing the memory setting in bios. If you have overclocked set all settings to standard.

pkellmey

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2006
Are you running SATA? I have heard some driver issues (usually its Maxtor drives) with SATA that you wouldn't normally encounter otherwise. If you are, you may want to make sure you have the most up-to-date drivers for your hard drive, if possible. I had to go from a Maxtor to a WD due to a similar issue.

Hays1530

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2007
Thanks for the replys guys...

I'll get the error code as soon as i can and post it on.

How do i change RAM settings?

I'm not sure if its the same on your motherboard, but in most of the computers that I have its listed under Advanced CMOS, and check Memory Settings. Also, look in your motherboards manual and the Gigabyte website for more details.

As for the settings, I wouldn't advise you to change anything till I see the BSOD code.

paulpod

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2006
New build: Always run memtest86 for several hours then boot a Linux live CD distro. If they don't work, check memory settings and make sure you have a top quality power supply.

Hays1530

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2007
Alright guys...ahh...i think my DVD-Drive sorta burnt and stoped working. I had to replace it with a CD drive, so i can't boot into the vista DVD anymore...If i fix this issue i'll repost this discussion, but i'm gonna end this one for now...

Thanks for all the help anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS