Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • Performance
  • Light
  • Graphics
  • Product
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
April 28, 2007 1:18:13 PM

Take a see for powerful R600 dynamic light effect!!

While on the Radeon HD2000 series of performance tests we can only wait until May can be unveiled. But now we have the first opportunity to look at the performance of some HD2900XT display--Global Illumination!

Earth - (Global Illumination) is a based on DirectX10 API prepared the 3D demo program, and its focus on the performance of dynamic objects in the source of the light irradiation even transform, moving, extremely realistic lighting effects.

We can only platform in Windows Vista and DirectX10 to cope with the latest system under Win The DEMO trip procedures, although the procedure is very small with less than 10M. But running through HD2900XT DEMO view with the new generation of graphics in the DirectX10 lighting upgrade the shock. DEMO entire objects in the model design, texture memories are simple, but it does not matter. the biggest bright spot in the whole dynamic lighting transform aspects. Below we look at the DEMO actual operation of the screen.

here:
http://www.hardspell.com/english/doc/showcont.asp?news_id=479&pageid=580

video:
http://www.hardspell.com/english/doc/showcont.asp?news_id=479&pageid=584

More about : r600 dx10 demo

April 28, 2007 1:31:30 PM

Performance wise the R600 is lagging behind the 8800GTX but I'm now wondering if ATI's new GPU will offer stunning visual quality. The demo looks nice by the way.
April 28, 2007 1:35:36 PM

looks nice
but again i wait for info from more trusted sites and benchmarks
Related resources
April 28, 2007 2:08:24 PM

Well, maybe ATI knew all along they could go head to head with the 8800GTX in performance and framerates. So I guess they're going for visual quality and features on their cards. This could be a good choice for Crysis, I hope. Don't let us down ATI.
April 28, 2007 2:24:23 PM

umm that's suppose to be impressive ? looks pretty normal to me, i must be missing some thing.
April 28, 2007 2:30:03 PM

Quote:
umm that's suppose to be impressive ? looks pretty normal to me, i must be missing some thing.

Dynamic lights = killer.

Besides, the image quality does look quite nice.
Lookin' forward to a REAL benchmark!
April 28, 2007 2:40:57 PM

Quote:
Take a see for powerful R600 dynamic light effect!!

We can only platform in Windows Vista and DirectX10 to cope with the latest system under Win The DEMO trip procedures, although the procedure is very small with less than 10M. But running through HD2900XT DEMO view with the new generation of graphics in the DirectX10 lighting upgrade the shock. DEMO entire objects in the model design, texture memories are simple, but it does not matter.

Ok, can someone please translate this for me? I'm afraid that I'm not following the platform, or how to upgrade the shock under DX10. :lol: 
April 28, 2007 2:43:34 PM

Quote:

Normal!? :evil:  Imagine playing Pacman with dynamic lighting and shadows!
April 28, 2007 2:45:22 PM

Quote:

I was thinking the same thing until I saw the video. The screenshots are quite misleading.
April 28, 2007 2:56:00 PM

It's not the simple dynamic lighting and shadowing that's the highlight here. It's the global illumination, or indirect lighting. Notice that the whole room has a hint of red in it, and that the lighting in shadowed areas has subtle variations in luminance. Radiosity.
April 28, 2007 2:56:54 PM

Pretty impressive video. The pics dont do it justice. The dynamic lighting effects are spectacular, especially given the rate of travel on the lighting source and the fall of the shadows. Makes me wonder what's around the corner... 8)
April 28, 2007 3:30:05 PM

Woohoo!!...
This video Rocks!.
Man, X2900XT must be monster! :twisted:
April 28, 2007 3:43:44 PM

um... maybe its just me... but NONE of the links work :cry: 
a c 116 U Graphics card
April 28, 2007 3:53:18 PM

Quote:

Pacman u say?

Cant wait for those benches to come out soon....
April 28, 2007 4:05:24 PM

Quote:
OMFG, you have a R600!!!!

i am assuming you do since you know how it performs and the NDA has not expired yet.
You have to admit things don't look good as of recently.
April 28, 2007 4:08:57 PM

well, they don't look too good for the HD2900xt, but i don't think its all over. i'm not calling it quits yet. (do we even know the price of the 2900 yet?) i still have hope, especially in ATi's midrange.
April 28, 2007 4:14:12 PM

Quote:
um... maybe its just me... but NONE of the links work :cry: 

Yep. Just you. They work just fine for me. :?
April 28, 2007 4:22:48 PM

dammit, that sucks. ARGH. stupid intarweb. am i missing out on a lot?

yeah, StrangeStranger, i know what you're saying. and its not just GPUs that this is happening to... AMD is getting the same treatment with their new procs. i mean, i'm young, but i've been through the release of new tech before... i don't remember it being this bad EVER. maybe its just because i'm more mature now or something... but all i see is people screaming illogically about retarded stuff stuff. there is so much rumor spreading and FUD and pointless statements, its really frustrating. makes me never wanna come back here.

i keep forgetting that there are people here that care SO MUCH about these PCBs... i mean i love tech and all, but if someone tells me that the GPU i like isn't the bestest-est thing ever, i'm not going to flame them or cry about it. all this hype is really pissing me off, and it doesn't seem like people are regarding these bits and pieces as the material things they are.
a b U Graphics card
April 28, 2007 4:23:43 PM

Looks impressive. Might actualy be MUCH better than a OC'ed GTX8800
April 28, 2007 4:26:44 PM

wow, everything just started working (all the links), and that demo is pretty damn amazing. i'm impressed. we'll see how it goes.
April 28, 2007 5:47:45 PM

Wow! Here's more DX10 demos leaked from HardwareTechOC.com

Amazing! You can really tell the difference in this one!

DX9

DX10
April 28, 2007 5:51:02 PM

Quote:

Pacman u say?

Cant wait for those benches to come out soon....

haha, not quite, but a cute joke nonetheless. on a side note, i really enjoyed the pac man world games. good times, back when i cared about console platforming games
April 28, 2007 5:52:17 PM

Yup, DX10 is the way to go.
April 28, 2007 5:55:41 PM

Quite honestly, this does not yet impress me as to the R600's performance to the 8800's. Crytek has already shown a demonstration of DX10's Realtime Ambient light maps(what you saw in the R600 demo) in a ship's hull. a quick search of gamespot.com will provide numerous results.
April 28, 2007 5:57:20 PM

That's enough deciding factor for me to upgrade to DX10 later down the road.
April 28, 2007 5:58:32 PM

Quote:
edit: Didn't see chuckshissel's post, now I get it :lol: 

Kinda slow there. :lol: 
April 28, 2007 6:15:32 PM

Quote:
well, they don't look too good for the HD2900xt, but i don't think its all over. i'm not calling it quits yet. (do we even know the price of the 2900 yet?) i still have hope, especially in ATi's midrange.
I don't mean ATI is going to die, but the 2900XTX isn't looking like a top performer.
Quote:
personally i think it really comes down to perspective. i am in no need of an upgrade and so if ATI chooses to delay things that is their choice. if i was wanting to do a new build or upgrade i may be a little more impatient.

now, when i see proper specifications and real world in game benchamarks, then i will decide. i am no a man of speculation. i do not know the age and education of people on here but i would hope both would be high enough for people to get a grip of themselves, take a look at themselves in a mirror and remember that this is only about bits and pieces that go in a computer.

christ the amount of people alone quoting fudzilla, the inq and the dailytech show just how much people actually know about these cards. any other time these sources, apart from perhaps, and i say perhaps dailytech, would be derided and laughed at and yet i head people going on about soundcards, ppu's and 320 stream procs. none of this has anything to do with factual evidence and even then what rumours are being buffeted about the web are being misunderstood and reiterated as fact.

some people shopuld be ashamed of themselves. just because this is a web forum does not mean any behaviour opr attitude goes.

i would avoid posting in these threads if i didn't know that unless someone posts somehting with commonsense and keeps a cool head noobs arned with rumours will be hailed as tech gur's.

p.s yes i know people do not like the word noob but it suits some people so well.
I hear you but the evidence is becoming overwhelmingly clear. Either way, you've still got two X1900XTs and that pair is still quite a powerhouse.
April 28, 2007 6:47:59 PM

Quote:
I don't mean ATI is going to die, but the 2900XTX isn't looking like a top performer.

That won't matter if a) The price is right and b) the drivers are good.

Think I figured out why the cards are so late. AMD is so busy trying to keep up with demand for Wii GPU's that they can't manufacture anything else!
April 28, 2007 6:48:05 PM

ROFL i'm buying dx10 today :wink:
April 28, 2007 6:56:54 PM

Good for you.
April 28, 2007 7:00:27 PM

8800GTX's FTW!~!~!~! while everyone's been waiting i've been playing all my games maxed out since the 2nd week of the 8800's release. my only issue being a screen freeze caused by...........................................moving my Core clock from 660 to 665 i've had this card that does what you just showed and does it with awesome performance for the last 6 months. bought it for 650. it's dropped 100 bucks. and to be honest, i've gotten VERY good use from the card.
April 28, 2007 7:30:50 PM

correct me if I'm wrong, but don't other games already do dynamic lighting like that?

I have been playing S.T.A.L.K.E.R. (pain to type out) and it looks like its doing stuff like that already? Also FEAR lighting/shadows do that also that I can remember, realtime. ???, those are like DX9
April 28, 2007 8:08:48 PM

i agree that even if the r600 doesn t beat the 8800 at the dx9 benchmarks that will come very soon( and that a lot will base it s opinions on) it is still very plausible that the ati card might be a better buy because of the features and the yet to be seen dx10 performances. i think some might be surprised...

remember the hdr+aa from 7 series. As the complexity rises, the chances to get flaws rises too. maybe dx10will turn out to be a challenge. who knows

not over i tell ya
April 28, 2007 8:29:55 PM

Quote:
Good for you.

oops. nevermind. forgot that i don't have any money. and also that i can't fit a dx10 card into my agp slot. :lol: 
April 28, 2007 9:59:31 PM

Quote:
And also, don't forget the r600 supports 24x aa, something the gtx could only do up to 16x, which is another plus in older games. So this may be a great card after all

lordaardvark2: bro, how many times do I have to tell you, all you need to do is bash it in with a hammer until the hsf breaks, and then you know it's in right :mrgreen:

:cry:  ...i can't even afford the hammer... :cry: 
April 28, 2007 10:43:59 PM

You can use a rock.
April 28, 2007 11:19:49 PM

Quote:
i agree that even if the r600 doesn t beat the 8800 at the dx9 benchmarks that will come very soon( and that a lot will base it s opinions on) it is still very plausible that the ati card might be a better buy because of the features and the yet to be seen dx10 performances. i think some might be surprised...

remember the hdr+aa from 7 series. As the complexity rises, the chances to get flaws rises too. maybe dx10will turn out to be a challenge. who knows

not over i tell ya
The Geforce 8800GTX supports FP16 and FP32 with antialiasing, as does the HD 2900XT and XTX.
Quote:
And also, don't forget the r600 supports 24x aa, something the gtx could only do up to 16x, which is another plus in older games. So this may be a great card after all

lordaardvark2: bro, how many times do I have to tell you, all you need to do is bash it in with a hammer until the hsf breaks, and then you know it's in right :mrgreen:
It's technically an advantage, but at that level of antialiasing, the difference will moot.
April 28, 2007 11:22:54 PM

Quote:

You can use a rock.

or your older agp card, that way you can get them both working with one stroker

but, wait, wouldn't it be more effective if i stuck my old card on...? if i kinda did a voltron thing with the two cards? see, i could like... cut off part of the r600 and solder on my older agp card... then it would run 2x as fast, right?
April 28, 2007 11:36:14 PM

Yep. Just like this one. 8)

I'd bet that thing is faster than hell. :lol: 
April 28, 2007 11:54:47 PM

Quote:
Yep. Just like this one. 8)

I'd bet that thing is faster than hell. :lol: 

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA i remember that card, lol. and tacos, i thought you didn't know wusy?
April 29, 2007 12:03:51 AM

Quote:
reminds me of wusy's modded 9800xt that he strapped on an amd cpu cooler

Wusy did that too? Really? I did that with my ancient Geforce 4 MX440 back in the day.... :) 

I just used some thermal epoxy that my friend happened to have lying around. Took the stock AMD cooler, and bam; glued it on there. Took up 2 PCI slots in addition to the AGP slot, but man, could that thing overclock!
Not sure what speed I got it up to, but the core speed was at least 150 mhz overclocked. Not bad for a card that comes at a stock of 275mhz.....
April 29, 2007 12:38:00 AM

wow i wonder how dx11 will look like :D 
April 29, 2007 1:43:20 AM

Quote:
it is still very plausible that the ati card might be a better buy because of the features and the yet to be seen dx10 performances.

If the r600 performs great in dx10 that's nice, except there won't be a decent amount of dx10 games for at least another year. So you'll mostly be playing dx9 games on that expensive video card that was made to perform better at dx10 at the expense of dx9 performance. By the time most of your games are dx10 that r600 will be a relative dinosaur. Once most of the games I play are dx10 then I won't care about dx9 performance. That's my take on it anyway.
a b U Graphics card
April 29, 2007 2:52:11 AM

Quote:
it is still very plausible that the ati card might be a better buy because of the features and the yet to be seen dx10 performances.

If the r600 performs great in dx10 that's nice, except there won't be a decent amount of dx10 games for at least another year. So you'll mostly be playing dx9 games on that expensive video card that was made to perform better at dx10 at the expense of dx9 performance. By the time most of your games are dx10 that r600 will be a relative dinosaur. Once most of the games I play are dx10 then I won't care about dx9 performance. That's my take on it anyway. The best reply I can come up with is this. How many MORE DX9 games are coming out? If the R600 does well in the current DX9 games, and kicks in DX10, then since we know DX 9 days are numbered, and any future game will be DX10, then the DX10 card is the way to go. Having the best, and being able to do what you want are two different things.
April 29, 2007 3:22:51 AM

It's dx10 performance compared to g80 isn't known yet, so that still may not save it.
a b U Graphics card
April 29, 2007 3:38:18 AM

OK, we are making decision's ? based on 1, I repeat, one differing benchmark. There is no saving anything here. The R600 will perform as it will. We only have a glimpse at this point, and a very narrow incomplete, and who knows for certain, credible one, on a card that isnt necessarily the one we will all see, on drivers we wont see, that even so, perform at the edge of good enuff for anything DX9. Now couple all this with the fact we know nothing about DX10 performance, even on cards that have been out for 6 months, and who knows what their performance will be who knows? This is going to take time. If you cant wait, if youre a fanboy of company X, then go ahead, buy what you want NOW. For me , Im going to wait, and see just what makes up the R600, and how both the 8800's perform in DX10 as well as the R600. Because if a game comes out in a few months that Ill have to have, and my purchase made on fanboism or the BEST ATM, may make it a very bad choice.
April 29, 2007 3:42:04 AM

I agree with you. I bought this 8800gtx for the dx9 performance tbh. By the time my game library is full of dx10 games both the g80 and r600 will be dinosaurs. I honestly hope the r600 is an exceptional card, it will do good for us consumers by creating a price war hopefully.
a b U Graphics card
April 29, 2007 3:56:40 AM

Nothing like saving a few bucks, and if you can, saving in SLI with 2 GTX's may be nice eh?
April 29, 2007 3:00:31 PM

Quote:
that may be true, but investors won't care about that, when you invest in a company, you're investing in what you think its value will be up to a year or so in the future, meaning that if they think the r600 will perform better in dx10, then ati is still going to get their money from investors, while if the investors think the opposite, then down the hatch they go

I wouldnt quite simplify the stock market down to that explanation, Tacos... Investors dont give a rat's ass about DX10 or the r600... only the ROI on those projects. ROE is better for calculating the overall soundness of the company, anyway, but as far as individual projects go, the investors dont care as long as they add value to the company. You're right: the stock price DOES NOT DICTATE the value of a company, just what the markets think that it's future worth should be. For instance, some companies trade at dismal prices for their stock just because of bad press/hedge fund activity or whatever. If you were to take the actual book value of the assets for some of these companies, they are worth more. Then, you have a company like Google that doesnt really have much value in terms of Capital, but all of their worth is in paper. Kinda messed up, but that's the way it goes. There's no way that Google is worth as much as they are valued at in the market... but that's a different thread.
May 3, 2007 8:33:48 AM

Compare with Realtime Global Illumination demo at http://lightsprint.com

Lightsprint Demo runs in bigger scenes, on common GPUs, even in XP.

!