Sign in with
Your question

Need help from AGP / Socket 775 overclockers

Last response: in Overclocking
April 28, 2007 3:11:25 PM

I am new to overclocking. Until recently, I have not bothered to overclock. However, after being an avid reader of tomshardware.com, I decided to take the dive into the world of Core 2 Duo overclocking.

It is great. I am hooked. So here is the problem...

I have a video editing machine and a server with the exact same specs (including an AGP Radeon 9800 Pro & Quadro Pro FX1100). I plan to "retire" the machines to the kids without the video cards.

I want to build 2 Core 2 Duo Socket 775 machine and use my AGP video cards in them. I have found a couple Socket 775 boards that support Core 2 Duo chips and have AGP slots.

I am looking for opinions or reviews from overclockers who are currently or have previously used a Socket 775 board with Core 2 Duo support AND and AGP video slot. I would obviously like to find one that I can overclock an 1.8 or 2.13GHz C2D CPU.

Please let me know which boards can support overclocking that meet the requirements.

Thanks,

DigitalCowboy
May 8, 2007 4:02:41 PM

http://www.boah-krass.de/hardware/mainboards/sockel-775...
Seen your post perusing this forum Speak German?I've heard really good things about this mobo,according to my research. they ship to USA. will cost you about $125 with shipping.
if not for you there is a is the Asrock 4core dual vista.that takes AGP or PCI E and supports ddr and ddr2 at Newegg,at little less than half the price.limited choices,but not bad choices.
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
a b K Overclocking
May 8, 2007 4:33:52 PM

i cant really recommend a board but from personal experience i can tell you to NOT get this board from asrock.

http://www.asrock.com/mb/overview.asp?Model=775Dual-VST...

it works for basic stuff but the the overclocking is a little limited.
Related resources
May 8, 2007 9:36:34 PM

I ordered an Asus board, will post once it arrives and I get it clocked.
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
a b K Overclocking
May 8, 2007 9:52:28 PM

please do, i might get it if it works well for you.
May 14, 2007 7:31:38 PM

it seems the Asus P5PE-VM does not have very good overclocking capability at all ...

Contrary to what I have read about it on this forum and other forums. I have even updated the bios thinking maybe it was an "update" that opens it up.

If anyone has any suggestions, maybe I am stupidly missing an obvious program or screen to access overclocking, I would appreciate you posting here.

Thanks,

DigitalCowboy
!