Woohoo! Vista, here I come! xD

Status
Not open for further replies.

qwazzy

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2006
LMAO, I got Vista yesterday, waiting for it come...
Who has it? What do you hate, and what do you like?

Please no,"Oh, you dumbass, why did you get it?" and stuff like that.

exit2dos

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2006
I like the Mahjong Titans game. :p

Seriously, though, I have more dislikes than likes - few are unexpected, however. I got the 64-bit Ultimate, and all of the associated driver headaches - but I was expecting this as one of my computers has XP-64 with the same problems. I did expect the hardware vendors to be more on the ball with Vista, but that isn't the case - but, this situation will improve in time.

I also don't like all of the security measures - the constant prompting about whether you really want to run this program. I also don't like airport metal detectors and screening, but it's a necessary inconvenience - security is security.

The MCE interface isn't like the XP/MCE one. I don't care for it, but it might just be that I'm not used to it. I'm going to give it another week or two in order to judge (I don't dislike it now as much as I did when I first used it, so I want to wait until I am fully accustomed to it before I pass judgement - different isn't always worse).

The Sidebar is cool, but I've used Widgets before - so it's nothing new.

The Aero GUI is pretty, but I have multiple monitors and usually have all of my windows open at full screen - so I don't really benefit from it.

For day-to-day use, you really won't see much different than XP until programs are written specifically for Vista.

For others reading this - if you're building a new system, use Vista since you're going to have to have it at some point anyways (I suggest the 32-bit version to avoid the compatability isues unless you have a specific need - such as using 4GB or more of memory).
If you have a system with XP and are considering upgrading - just wait until you need Vista. By then, the issues should be resolved.

The-Darkening

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2006
Mmmm... So far my experience with Vista was... uncertain. A new OS is coming but I think that the switch should be something like: "Wow, a cool new OS, convenient to buy and better than what I currently have."

I like: A new system. It's nice to have a change. DirectX 10 looks promising. Also I like an OS that can make use of my hardware. I like the new copy and move alternatives like "Copy but keep both files". I like the Widg.... gadgets like the weather, etc. I could have them in XP but I prefer them integrated in the OS. I like the voice recognition. English is not my language so it's a lot of fun to see how it struggles to understand me.

Don't like: It being slower than my current OS. Don't get me wrong here, I like the new look and it comes at a price but it shouldn't slow my applications. I don't like my vid card engaging in Power3D mode mostly because I can't use RivaTuner to control the fan speed. I don't like that the copy function takes longer now to copy 1 Gig. 3 mins to calculate, 2 to copy the data. I don't like my x64 opening 32 bits iexplorers when I clic the desktop icon. I don't like having to mod my registry to have the IE icon on the desktop. I don't like my hard disk working on idle.

The list keeps going on. The thing to consider here is what YOU like and don't like about Vista. Don't think that because you switched you are stupid or whatever. If you like it, you did the right thing, no matter what other people say.

Alpha_Magnum

Distinguished
May 7, 2006
LMAO, I got Vista yesterday, waiting for it come...
Who has it? What do you hate, and what do you like?

Please no,"Oh, you dumbass, why did you get it?" and stuff like that.
You GOT Vista? Waiting for it to come? Did you maybe ORDER Vista yesterday and are waiting to receive it? Regardless why is it that you are LYAO? E-Shopping often causes frustration, anger and sorrow so what did you shoot some heroin wile you made the order?

All of that aside why did you order Vista you dumbass?
:?:

Status
Not open for further replies.