pkellmey

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2006
I have some older TV tuner cards (like the Leadtek Winfast 2000 XP Expert) that aren't supported in the Vista Media Center. They aren't even recognized by the Vista OS as actually existing because they don't have up-to-date firmware to let itself be known. I managed to bastardize a driver to allow it to be seen to work with apps other than Media Center (which still won't recognize it). If you install XP in VP, does it see XP hardware that Vista can't? I'm still working on freeing up enough hard disk space to get VP working.

dsharp9000

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2007
I dont know virtual pc 2007 can see hardware through the vista host machine but it is free so if you have enough hard disk space maybe the best option would be to try it --- i would try to turn off some stuff in vista like superfetch, uac, search and indexing so you free up some memory for virtual pc 2007.

The other option would be to try the opposite if you must have access to the older hardware --- install xp as host and vista in a vm --- but if you already activated vista in your machine --- this may not be an option--- also sort of negates whole reason of having a vista machine.