Sign in with
Your question

Tiger Direct and Newegg have bad shipping taxes. Alternatives?

Last response: in Opinions and Experiences
February 5, 2012 7:39:00 PM

I have to say, when I was going to buy about 10 parts from Newegg I came across a $200 shipping fee. Is there any other websites other then Newegg and Tiger direct?
February 5, 2012 11:30:08 PM

storm slider said:
I have to say, when I was going to buy about 10 parts from Newegg I came across a $200 shipping fee. Is there any other websites other then Newegg and Tiger direct?

Where are you from? Shipping should be free at TD.
February 5, 2012 11:52:06 PM

I'm at Canada, Toronto.
Related resources
February 6, 2012 12:00:57 AM

storm slider said:
I'm at Canada, Toronto.

I guess shipping is free in the U.S. only. Sorry, of no help here.

February 7, 2012 12:40:15 PM

Let me know what you are looking for and I can see what I can do to help you out.

Dennis Winkowski
Corporate Account Manager
866-310-8183
dennis.winkowski@tigerdirect.com

"I am always busy, but also happy to help a fellow member!"
February 7, 2012 7:29:29 PM

tigerb2b said:
Let me know what you are looking for and I can see what I can do to help you out.

Dennis Winkowski
Corporate Account Manager
866-310-8183
dennis.winkowski@tigerdirect.com

"I am always busy, but also happy to help a fellow member!"

The tax's are devistating. The shipping fees - It's fine. Tax's - Not so fine.
February 7, 2012 7:41:36 PM

storm slider said:
The tax's are devistating. The shipping fees - It's fine. Tax's - Not so fine.

Move to CA., then it will be tax free to order from TD.

February 11, 2012 2:38:40 PM

This sounds like someone that complains that it's hot in hell and all the free air conditioners are somewhere else.

It's not TD's fault that governments impose taxes. That is a matter far beyond their control but they being a reputable company are stuck with complying.

Find a friend in the U.S. to place your order and have them forward the products to you.
March 16, 2012 4:41:03 AM

I'm in Washington and, I swear, everybody's grandmother has a "presence" here. That word "presence" being the blow. I get ripped at Amazon, ripped at Buy.com, my bank even loves to get me for Paypal (insisting it's international.)

Newegg was a last haven for me until today. I've been waiting almost 2 days for "verification."

Going to see what else is around.
March 16, 2012 11:03:25 AM

"presence"? you mean how every major retailer is represented? most of that is due to nonsensical complaining instead of actually doing something about it. people do tend to whine alot.

i get great deals at amazon and have zero issues 99% of the time. just make sure you know what you are buying before you push submit!

i've never used buy.com.

i dont get charged a cent to use paypal, even when i make foreign orders. neither by paypal or by my bank. i dont care for the charges to actually receive payments (paypal charges a %) but that is out of my hands.

it sounds like either you arent doing propper reasearch into what you are getting yourself into or you need a new bank. whining about it will get you nowhere.

i've pushed $10k through newegg and i cannot complain. at times yes i have had issues but nothing worth raging about. you can buy parts at other retailers but good luck getting the selection ne has.
March 17, 2012 2:16:20 PM

By "presence" I meant registered as a business within that State -- Washington's criteria for charging taxes for online purchases. They use the word "presence" in their legal description. It broadens the scope to any branch of the company, not just the headquarters.

It is worth a shopper's time to find sites that don't charge taxes in their state. That's why I do, indeed, do A LOT of research before I finalize a purchase. When I buy from a site I compare the price after shipping and taxes. And, since I do a lot of online shopping, and I am choosy, I am accustomed to extremely good service.

By "whining" you mean having a legitimate concern and letting others know what they're getting into? Interesting.

I have been with Newegg for, I think, 13 years and never had a single complaint. I am letting people know about the delays because so many others are having the same experience recently.

But thanks for your compassion.
!