Compatibility Mode for vista??

doombusterfx

Nov 9, 2005
Hi, i just ask my self this question before buying Microsoft Windows Vista. Those it have the compatibility mode like in windows xp so you can emulate windows 95,98,me.2000 & XP????

Thanx and have a nice day!!!

Solution
Hi, i just ask my self this question before buying Microsoft Windows Vista. Those it have the compatibility mode like in windows xp so you can emulate windows 95,98,me.2000 & XP????

Right-click -> Properties -> Compatibility tab ->
Windows 95
Windows 98/ME
Windows NT 4.0 (Service Pack 5)
Windows 2000
Windows XP (Service Pack 2)

-And the Kicker-

Windows Server 2003 (Service Pack 1)

Hope that helps.

darious00777

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2006

Right-click -> Properties -> Compatibility tab ->
Windows 95
Windows 98/ME
Windows NT 4.0 (Service Pack 5)
Windows 2000
Windows XP (Service Pack 2)

-And the Kicker-

Windows Server 2003 (Service Pack 1)

Hope that helps.

Solution

dsharp9000

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2007
Some modes of vista may not sure compatbility with all your existing software and hardware ---- suggest you use upgrade advisor to help ensure hardware compatibility (there are some sound and graphic cards that have problems with vista on older pc's --- maybe when bugs are worked out these problems may disapear --- do not believe there is any compatibility mode that will fix all these issues --- for a new pc however, all hardware should work fine and not be issue).

From a software standpoint, most software will work with vista but not everything is guaranteed to work --- virtual pc 2007 does offer a solution if this problem should present itself to you (you can install xp in a virtual machine on vista host and run your program from there). virtual pc 2007 is free.

Good luck to you