Advice: Mits, JVC,Hitachi 55" RPTV???

I was sold on the Panasonic HD 53" PT-53X54 at Sears until they ran out
of stock .

I have a rain check for the Panasonic HD 53" PT-53X54 RPTV and Sears
has offered to substitute a Mits WS-55513 or the JVC AV56P575 or any
other $1700.00 range set for the same price of $1150.00 ( after
coupons etc.)

What should I get? I want the best picture for the money regardless of
brand name.

What RPTV offers the best picture (HDTV and cable input) for this
price range?

Many thanks in advance!!!

DJ
2 answers Last reply
More about advice mits hitachi rptv

    shag@ipass.net wrote:
    > I was sold on the Panasonic HD 53" PT-53X54 at Sears until they ran
    > out of stock .
    >
    > I have a rain check for the Panasonic HD 53" PT-53X54 RPTV and Sears
    > has offered to substitute a Mits WS-55513 or the JVC AV56P575 or any
    > other $1700.00 range set for the same price of $1150.00 ( after
    > coupons etc.)
    >
    > What should I get? I want the best picture for the money regardless of
    > brand name.
    >
    > What RPTV offers the best picture (HDTV and cable input) for this
    > price range?
    >
    > Many thanks in advance!!!
    >
    > DJ

    Can't go wrong with a Mits. The 55513 is not as new as a 55515, but it is a
    good set, with a built in tuner for OTA. I've had the 55511 for 2 years
    now, and I am happy with it.

    I just bought the 51S715 Hitachi.

    I hope I don't have the problems I had with my Toshiba TW40H80. After
    three years one of the guns goes wacko until it warms up and/or I turn
    the set off and on a couple of times. This set was bought new in 96?
    and I guess I can take it in for repair now and find another home for
    it.

    Thanks for the input and ideas in the group.
    DJ

HDTV JVC HD Panasonic Home Theatre