  • Home Theatre
Last response: in Home Theatre
Share
December 2, 2004 7:30:28 AM

I was sold on the Panasonic HD 53" PT-53X54 at Sears until they ran out
of stock .

I have a rain check for the Panasonic HD 53" PT-53X54 RPTV and Sears
has offered to substitute a Mits WS-55513 or the JVC AV56P575 or any
other $1700.00 range set for the same price of $1150.00 ( after
coupons etc.)

What should I get? I want the best picture for the money regardless of
brand name.

What RPTV offers the best picture (HDTV and cable input) for this
price range?

Many thanks in advance!!!

DJ

More about : advice mits jvc hitachi rptv

Anonymous
December 4, 2004 5:13:29 AM

shag@ipass.net wrote:
> I was sold on the Panasonic HD 53" PT-53X54 at Sears until they ran
> out of stock .
>
> I have a rain check for the Panasonic HD 53" PT-53X54 RPTV and Sears
> has offered to substitute a Mits WS-55513 or the JVC AV56P575 or any
> other $1700.00 range set for the same price of $1150.00 ( after
> coupons etc.)
>
> What should I get? I want the best picture for the money regardless of
> brand name.
>
> What RPTV offers the best picture (HDTV and cable input) for this
> price range?
>
> Many thanks in advance!!!
>
> DJ

Can't go wrong with a Mits. The 55513 is not as new as a 55515, but it is a
good set, with a built in tuner for OTA. I've had the 55511 for 2 years
now, and I am happy with it.
Anonymous
December 4, 2004 11:19:32 AM

I just bought the 51S715 Hitachi.

I hope I don't have the problems I had with my Toshiba TW40H80. After
three years one of the guns goes wacko until it warms up and/or I turn
the set off and on a couple of times. This set was bought new in 96?
and I guess I can take it in for repair now and find another home for
it.

Thanks for the input and ideas in the group.
DJ
!