Mitsubishi IR Emitter Questions

Last response: in Home Theatre
December 2, 2004 4:13:05 PM

Hello..
I own a Mits projection screen HDTV which has the IR emitter connection
on the back of the set. I managed to lose the cable for this connector
and my understanding is that this is meant to be used in conjunction
with the Net-Command features of the TV. My question, does this IR
output connection work as an IR extender. i.e. does the output simply
repeat the IR data being received from the remote? Since I have lost
the cable, I cannot easily test this and thought that someone would be
able to shed some light on the subject...

Thanks..
Jim
jflan@tampabay.rr.com
Anonymous
December 2, 2004 5:22:22 PM

My Mits (2004 Diamond) has 2 outputs, with one set of cables for
Net-Command units and one cable set which sends out IR commands to
non-Net-Command devices. The TV system has to learn the IR commands
using the device's remote and the set's on-screen menu system. Then it
will turn selected devices on or off as required, and set the
appropriate video and audio inputs and outputs. It's not just an IR
repeater. How many outputs do you have on your set and how are they
labeled?

!