I can't believe what people take for truth

bum_jcrules

Distinguished
May 12, 2001
If it is posted on the internet it must be true.

The "ATI is dead" and the "ultra will dissapoint" stuff is entertaining. But please... sensationalism is just that... sensationalism. If you don't want to take my words on it, wait until the launch days and have your discussions then. There is a lot to be said about the Radeon products and the new Ultra. Since you are posting here in the forums of Tom's Hardware, please use your rational minds to see the fud and wait for the world-wide consensus. At that point you don't have to take my word on it; you will see many different angles on the new hardware. When the silicon is in hand and the drivers are ready... you will get the whole story. Until then.... take a deep breath and wait 'til launch. There are some cool things coming that many of us have been waiting for. Be patient until then.

Not to spread FUD or cause derision here, but Id like to see a physics controlled audio. We all know that eax is dead with Vista, and this may be a fantastic alternative. Alsi if sm4 looks as good as I think it will, then, yasser!!!!!! Id also like to see a HTPC component compatible with HD and all its DRM requirements. IF these new cards have these things, then Ill be one happy dewd.

Chil

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2006
I agree with what you say. There are some respectable names on this forum that seem to be drinking a bit too much Haterade, and there are still fanboys preaching who has won and who is going bankrupt. Quite frankly I'm tired of all the crap speculation. Real R600 benchmarks can't come soon enough to end this debacle.

Im obviously looking forward to this launch with much anticipation. My earlier post is what I believe some fine things, IF theyre implemented. I know gaming is the main thing we want out of all our cards, but these other abilities are important, and since we know nothing, Ive always found that Id rather find the glass half full rather than half empty

Is the release date still the 14th? I am also eagerly awaiting the launch, I really could use a card to replace my 6800s. I wish the NDA would be lifted, some real benches would help me get over this long wait.

sailer

Splendid
Is the release date still the 14th? I am also eagerly awaiting the launch, I really could use a card to replace my 6800s. I wish the NDA would be lifted, some real benches would help me get over this long wait.

So would I. Unfortunately, things llike the NDA on these cards stimulate speculation that something's wrong. Realizing that I have been among those who are disappointed with AMD, I would say its not because I hate AMD in any way, its more that I'm impatient for them to do something other than to tell us how good the products are while at the same time refusing to let any sites have the cards and do some benchmarks. If the cards were benched and the results published, I could either plan on buying one when the release occurs, or I could look elsewhere if I wanted.

Glacier

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2004
I wish the NDA would be lifted, some real benches would help me get over this long wait.

I also want the NDA's lifted, some official benchmarks would be interesting. Also, we can check some of this stuff that Fudzilla has been saying.

There are some cool things coming that many of us have been waiting for. Be patient until then.

Sweet, so you're saying the S3 DX10 cards are gonna rock? COOL! Can't Wait !! :twisted:

Now I'd love to be rational about this, but I simply can't since there's too many rumours out there with DT, the InQ, Fuad and even Kyle @ [H], and those guys are never wrong! :wink:

So..... since they conflict and they're never wrong.... I betcha the new cards aren't just DX10, they're Quantum Graphics Cards, SUCKING and DOMINATING at the same time !! Woohooo !!! :mrgreen:

Multiplectic

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2006
please use your rational minds

A recent study showed that the majority of internet users have not figured how to enable rationality of the mind.

True, I'm still trying to unlock the Rationality Shaders of my brain. No luck so far. :tongue:

lordaardvark2

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2005
i don't take anything at its face value.

i almost wish that others were as cynical as i.

actually that would make life really shitty. so nevermind.

anyway good point.

sailer

Splendid
i don't take anything at its face value.

i almost wish that others were as cynical as i.

Actually, I usually don't take things at face value either. I like to have a variety of opinions so that I can weed through them to find the facts, or at least something close to a fact.

There's nothing wrong with a bit of cynicism either. Being a bit cynical means you're less likely to be taken advantage of. You're less likely to hear a saleman's pitch and believe it without seeing other evidence to back up the claims. I've learned from making mistakes that I take far fewer things at face value than I used to. That also has saved me a bit of money. If this has made me a cynic, then so be it.

lordaardvark2

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2005
Actually, I usually don't take things at face value either. I like to have a variety of opinions so that I can weed through them to find the facts, or at least something close to a fact.

There's nothing wrong with a bit of cynicism either. Being a bit cynical means you're less likely to be taken advantage of. You're less likely to hear a saleman's pitch and believe it without seeing other evidence to back up the claims. I've learned from making mistakes that I take far fewer things at face value than I used to. That also has saved me a bit of money. If this has made me a cynic, then so be it.

haha you said weed [/immaturity]

yeah, i'm still pretty young, and i've been realizing that i can't trust many of the things that i used to...like news media... and mindless tech hype... i think its sad that people have to be slightly cynical as you said to protect themselves... of course the illusive utopian civilization would never lie to you... and thats why its illusive.

anyway, there has been a wave of blind faith in a lot of rumors that have been circulating, and i hope that the r600 will surprise in some aspects and show people not to get so worked up about speculation.

even though the lack of speculation makes the tech world kinda drab.

vic20

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2006
There are some cool things coming that many of us have been waiting for. Be patient until then.

.... SUCKING and DOMINATING at the same time !! Woohooo !!! :mrgreen:

What video stream where you watching when you wrote that?

EDIT: Is this conversation still about video cards?.....

Hehehehee.... JK :D Couldn't resist

runswindows95

Distinguished
The biggest disappointment with ATI is they kept pushing back the release date for the R600. I just hope when they are released, they perform better than the 8X00 series. If not, I just hope they offer the best bang for your buck at least.

You expect people to think and use a rational mind?!?!?!

What the f**k are you smoking?! You can't expect people to think for themselves and make educated decisions. C'mon, this is the new millenium. Personal responsibility and common sense have no place in today's society. Get with the times!!!!

[/sarcasm]

sailer

Splendid
You expect people to think and use a rational mind?!?!?!

What the f**k are you smoking?! You can't expect people to think for themselves and make educated decisions. C'mon, this is the new millenium. Personal responsibility and common sense have no place in today's society. Get with the times!!!!

[/sarcasm]

Personal responsibility, common sense, thinking for one's self and making educated decisions? :?: :?: What do those things mean? :?