Questions about back up programs.

ibticktock

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2006
I would like to get a program that allows me to backup an entire drive including the registry and then do incremental backups on a regular basis. I tried Acronis and could never get it to do anything but the initial backup. For some reason it would just pass by the scheduled backups telling me that the chosen file location on the second hard drive was not the same as the original copied file. Spending another 2+ hours to recopy the entire hard drive wore thin real quick. I also had problems when I tried to do a recovery test run by removing my main hard drive and putting the second one with the Aconis copy to be the one Windows would boot from. I am not into running command lines in strange looking formats that bring back bad memories of DOS.

Does anyone have a suggestion for a SIMPLE and reliable program that will copy the entire dirve, do backups when needed and allow a recovery of a failed hard drive with a minimal amount of hassle? Thanks.

michaelst

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2006
I've used Bounce Back Pro for the last 2 years and it has worked flawlessly for me. I back up all drives(2 hd's, 5 partitions) weekly and the C drive nightly, to an external firewire HD. I've only had to restore once, but it worked as it was supposed to. I highly recommend it.