markish

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2006
i have a free home premium edition on the way since i bought a laptop about 2 months ago from HP and i was wondering if its even worth upgrading to. my specs

Windows Media Edition
intel core 2 duo T5500 1.66GHz
1GB ram
120GB HD
nvidia Geforce Go 7400 256MB
dvd writer

only thing i really do is word processing, skype, AIM, internet, and only game i really play is WoW on my laptop.

Solution
It is free, so it would not hurt to try ---- assuming this is vista that came with your laptop (to be shipped when vista was ready)--Your laptop should be vista ready if this is case. You may want to upgrade to 2 gigs of ram so as to increase performance --- but 1 gig is sufficient.

Would make sure you have your xp backup disc for your laptop just in case you want to reinstall xp after trying vista.

dsharp9000

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2007
It is free, so it would not hurt to try ---- assuming this is vista that came with your laptop (to be shipped when vista was ready)--Your laptop should be vista ready if this is case. You may want to upgrade to 2 gigs of ram so as to increase performance --- but 1 gig is sufficient.

Would make sure you have your xp backup disc for your laptop just in case you want to reinstall xp after trying vista.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS