Sign in with
Your question

Intel and Tomshardware, something don't jive.

Last response: in CPUs
April 29, 2007 5:49:56 AM

Recently I've heard a lot of talk about how Tomshardware is no longer recognized by the big players, that it's shunned by them. This I see as not working particularly well with Intel, or maybe their marketing department is behind on the times, but that's doubtful.

If you're wondering why this is in here, it deals with processors, so it fits, in a way.

http://www.intel.com/core2duo/quotes.htm

That sight can be seen front and center on that Intel page. Maybe they won't be benchmarking Penryn, but perhaps Nehelem will lead them back into the light of being one of the best resources around for hardware news. Though, I still consider them that, anyway. :p 
April 29, 2007 6:17:02 AM

You dont have to be first to be best. If someine beats them to a story, bechmark etc, the time taken on the article will captivate, illuminate and educate their readers if done wisely. I landed here, so has eveyone that reads this. The forums are wonderful, and face it, there hasnt been a bunch of news out there. The test articles dont have to be on new products, but they have to be there. Reguarding hardware, Ive maybe read 3 articles from them in the last 10 days. One was fantastic, one was good, and the last was soso. If all three had been fantastic, that in itself would be enough. I hope we will see this in the future
April 29, 2007 6:24:07 AM

This kind of illuminates the problem. They do still have good articles to read, but the general atmosphere seems to be turned on a dime against them and they've become old hat. For whatever reason, I'm just not seeing it.
Related resources
April 29, 2007 6:54:06 AM

I dont want to get flamed, and I want to say, I like it here. But, it seems that the articles are becoming more and more less and less. Ive seen too many articles with NO depth. And some are very questionable, or has been challenged, and shown to be written in such a way as to confuse, rather than enlighten. Example : You need a high powered cpu for a high powered gpu. It was a good article. It faced alot of criticism. The reason for the criticism was that people that really didnt GET the article generally disagreed with it. Or others misinterpreted it and are saying that a bottleneck will occur no matter what, and you shouldnt buy that gpu etc etc. Everyone SHOULD know, that the single most improvement to a system for gaming is the gpu. It wasnt clarified. People went away with differing ideas, NOT opinions. Also we have articles that fit nicely on my 12X10 rez screen. Sounds like Fudzilla. I want some meat. If others here dont get whats in the articles, thats why I frequent the forums, to show/teach and to be shown and taught. I firmly belive that the people comprising Toms have the ability to do these things I think are worthy and good. Im just hoping that the powers that be allow them to do so, or incourage them to do so.
April 29, 2007 7:09:35 AM

darious00777 was your previous name delirious00777?????????

wow am i confused!

me - i am a newbie new since jan 2007 - i have joined more one of these forum things and this is the only one that matters!

THG forums rule!

this post suxs!

ps. as far as intel goes - if i was intel i would stay hands off from this site it seems amd pro bias? of coarse u know that if u read many of my first posts!

amd is always #2! (ICG is #!)
April 29, 2007 7:39:11 AM

There was a simple question that could be pulled from my original post in this thread: If Intel is laughing at Tomshardware, why do they prominantly feature one of their reviews? I want a straight answer.

I remember that article about CPUs for GPUs. Seemed to be getting out of it that certain games requires a focus on more CPU power then generally required by games. Flight Simulator X and Elder Scrolls IV seemed to be two major ones.
a b à CPUs
April 29, 2007 8:14:01 AM

Quote:
darious00777 was your previous name delirious00777?????????

wow am i confused!

me - i am a newbie new since jan 2007 - i have joined more one of these forum things and this is the only one that matters!

THG forums rule!

this post suxs!

ps. as far as intel goes - if i was intel i would stay hands off from this site it seems amd pro bias? of coarse u know that if u read many of my first posts!

amd is always #2! (ICG is #!)

*cough* Fanboy *cough*
April 29, 2007 8:18:01 AM

dude! intel invented the cpu, intels founder invented a rule they made a law call m ..., intel has 80% + of the cpu market for single use computers.

intel could care less about about THG - they need to worry about - quality, suppliers, R&D, new markets, intellectual theft etc.

i would guess as i said before, they probobaly very stand offish due to the continous bios by media for amd the underdog.

:evil:  IFB :twisted:
a b à CPUs
April 29, 2007 10:42:28 AM

Quote:
dude! intel invented the cpu, intels founder invented a rule they made a law call m ..., intel has 80% + of the cpu market for single use computers.

intel could care less about about THG - they need to worry about - quality, suppliers, R&D, new markets, intellectual theft etc.

i would guess as i said before, they probobaly very stand offish due to the continous bios by media for amd the underdog.

:evil:  IFB :twisted:

Eh? I invented the cpu idiot, gee :roll:
April 29, 2007 10:43:09 AM

It's standard PR. What you do is distribute information in dribs and drabs, a bit here to x, a bit here to y. If anyone proves themselves 'unsympathetic' to your PR concerns (i.e. tells the truth as they see it), you give them less. The media then jump hand over foot to be nice to you and sock your cuck (or is it cuck your sock?)

That's how what can only be called 'censorship' is done these days.

Older and wiser media institutions don't play the game: net result is greater reliability and impartiality at the cost of not getting the 'scoop'.
April 29, 2007 1:07:06 PM

Quote:
It's standard PR. What you do is distribute information in dribs and drabs, a bit here to x, a bit here to y. If anyone proves themselves 'unsympathetic' to your PR concerns (i.e. tells the truth as they see it), you give them less. The media then jump hand over foot to be nice to you and sock your cuck (or is it cuck your sock?)

That's how what can only be called 'censorship' is done these days.

Older and wiser media institutions don't play the game: net result is greater reliability and impartiality at the cost of not getting the 'scoop'.

They (the website) know that their unbiased reporting will be rewarded with a loyal fanbase, the holy grail for all websites. Subsequently, it becomes company X's best interest to allow an unbiased review because the loyal fanbase that will be reading it will:

a) be able to smell a biased article a mile away, which just ends up with bad PR.
b) usually be the people recommending different products to a whole bunch of people, so lying to one potential customer won't result in one lost customer, it will result in many more.

I've always said to people that the most important thing for a business to have is a good reputation. Remember: "If you look after the customers the business will take care of itself".
!