Problem deleting 25MB volume on HDD

babaghan

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2007
I mistakenly created a new 25MB simple volume on the HDD that also stores my OS, but I actually wanted to create 25GB volume. Simple to delete the tiny volume, right? Not so. In Vista's Computer Management, when I right click on the 25MB volume, select "Delete Volume...", the other volume - the much larger OS portion of the drive - becomes highlighted (with hash marks) as the choice to be deleted 8O Why does the volume adjacent to the volume I actually want deleted get highlighted? As well, the larger OS portion of the drive in the upper pane gets highlighted. The mouse cursor doesn't stray from the 25MB portion I want deleted. I'm really hesitant to go ahead with the delete as I fear the 25MB portion of the drive will remain, but the much larger OS portion of the drive will be deleted.

babaghan

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2007
I gambled. Even though the drive with the OS in the lower and upper panes of Storage --> Disk Management were highlighted, I went ahead with the deletion. Lo and behold, the tiny 25MB volume deleted no problem. Problem solved.