Where are my DX10 titles!!!!!??????

Status
Not open for further replies.

warezme

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2006
Vista has been out what?, three months almost. What happened to all those promised DX10 improvements and spectacular games???

Its been to long. There is something very wrong with either Vista DX10 or developing for DX10.

I would think some developer out there would be itching to claim they have the FIRST DX10 app or game for Vista. I don't hear anything?

Throw us a freakin bone here people,... how about a benchmark app that uses lots of DX10 eye candy and we can see who runs the fastest. We all know we like to do that.

There is no way I am recommending or moving on to Vista (dual booting right now) until the above is done. Could MS be chocking developers with DRM, driver issues and nondisclosure agreements to the point they are killing their own product?? How asinine would that be??

If someone has an inside scoop, do share.

exit2dos

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2006
There's only one DX10 card series out right now. Add to that, Vista is too new to have a large (comparitively) installed base. It just wouldn't make economic sense to put money into releasing a product that nearly nobody will be able to use.

warezme

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2006
There's only one DX10 card series out right now. Add to that, Vista is too new to have a large (comparitively) installed base. It just wouldn't make economic sense to put money into releasing a product that nearly nobody will be able to use.

Well there is hardly anyone with a blue ray player but there are movies available for them. That doesn't make economic sense either, does it?

People paying for dual core PC's to do email and run the internet doesn't make economic sense either since good broadband service and an old P3 could do just as well.

Driving a Hummer to go 5 miles to work doesn't either but people do it anyways.

There are currently 3 versions of DX10 cards out at different prices available and just because ATI can't get their butts in gear, one more card isn't going to make that much more difference from the current situation.

Which leads me back to my original question where's all the DX10 titles that were promised last year?

darious00777

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2006
It takes a good year or more to create one of the large scale games like the ones you're looking for. So expect sometime late this year to next year at the earliest for a DX10 game.

No1sFanboy

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2006
Aside from developing new games for DX10 from the ground up what about the existing titles that were supposed to have dx10 versions/patches.

FSX, Company of Hero's, Supreme Commander?

FSX for example was being reported when it was released as a game that would have a DX10 patch when Vista was released.
Microsoft boasts of even better-looking scenery once Windows Vista and DirectX 10 comes out.
Cnet Jan.07
LINK

Now the DX10 patch for FSX is being not expected until the fall.
Link

The suspicious person in me is beginning to believe that there are DX10 problems.

This is pure speculation but consider:
One DX10 release would help sell Vista and Nvidia GPU's. Both companys probably would/do and or have thrown wads of cash at making that happen; yet there are no DX10 releases. Add to this that the Nvidia driver issues and ATI's delays and it makes you wonder. I have no doubt the future holds some great DX10 titles but they are not on schedule.

I'd be bitter about buying a DX10 last year except that it is still the best solution for DX9 titles.

Status
Not open for further replies.