Speaker stand for top of RP TV - experiences?

Last response: in Home Theatre
December 2, 2004 8:15:55 PM

I bought a Sony 60xS955 (undelivered yet) and was wondering
if anyone with this TV or a similar one has found a good shelf
for a center-channel speaker. I have a Magneplanar CC which
won't fit on the Sony stand. I 'Googled' and found an Omnimount CCH1
and one from Sanus (called the TVS and other names).
I was wondering if anyone has any info on using one of these
with the WEGA TVs.
Anonymous
December 3, 2004 9:31:12 PM

I have a Sony KDF-60XS955 and my center speaker, a Sony SS-CN200 that I have
had for several years, sits right on top of it. The speaker is what I would
consider pretty heavy. It is 17" long, 7 " high and 8" deep. It sits,
angled slightly downward, supported over about half of its 8" depth. It
looks precarious, viewed from the side, but actually is pretty solid up
there and looks fine from the front. So, if you have a flat-bottomed center
speaker that can sit on support over about 4" of its bottom, try just
sitting on top of your TV.

mack
austin

!