LAN_deRf_HA

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2006
I was just wondering if anyone has seen a nice tutorial floating around on how to optimize vista.... bloatware services to disable, settings to change.... DRM work arounds... etc.

Solution
I posted a new thread that linked to 10 Tips and Tricks.. a few are in there to cut out some pops ups and mentioned setting your background using JPGs instead of BMPs now.

Check it out.. Tips and tricks, simple to find. Once you know how to edit the local security and local policies, you can start turning off excess stuff.

dsharp9000

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2007
Not quite sure what you are looking for as vista should already be optimized unless your pc is subpar (or older) in which case I would recommend xp. Not quite sure of what you are trying to do?

LAN_deRf_HA

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2006
You're kidding right? Its down right criminal to spend $1000+ on a system and not run an efficient rig.... theres always crap you don't need running in windows operating systems I just don't know what crap I don't need in this particular one.... and there are always faulty settings to be changed... so far all I've found though is some network thing you should turn off if you use any sort of p2p program.

pkellmey

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2006
The only websites so far that have any information are disabling the same services as they did in XP+UAC. I noticed that this last patch for Vista changed the way my Windows Firewall displays, however, so I am not sure if the Vista services are cut and dried at this point yet.

riser

Illustrious
I posted a new thread that linked to 10 Tips and Tricks.. a few are in there to cut out some pops ups and mentioned setting your background using JPGs instead of BMPs now.

Check it out.. Tips and tricks, simple to find. Once you know how to edit the local security and local policies, you can start turning off excess stuff.

Solution