No picture when i turn the computer on

shuz

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2007
i have an abit ag8-v (915p) motherboard with a 3.0Ghz p4, an x550 and 4x512Mb of ram. The system boots, i can hear the hard drive turn on, but there is no picture. I treid the graphics card in another pc, it works fine. Ive tried clearing the bios, and using a different psu, does anyone have any ideas??

stan116

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2006
What did you do to your machine before this started? and have you tried the monitor on a diff machine? Power supply? You need to check out one thing at a time,and take it from there.Even your memory.If everything here works on a diff machine,then you will know its your board.Itsjustthe process of elimiting one piece at a time.Your cards fine,so try your power supply next,even with no HDD your monitor should work.Let me know what happens after you try these.
Stan

shuz

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2007
I had this computer working about a year ago, then i took everything out of the case so i could put a new mobo in. yesterday i decided to buy a new case, and installed all of the old components with a new hard drive in the new case. The pc sounds like it boots, and all of the components work in my other computer except the mobo, which i cant easily test in another pc. Basically the gpu works and the pc boots, but there is no picture, and ive tried 3 different monitors that i know work properly. does this help??

r0x0r

Distinguished
May 9, 2006
Perhaps your video card drivers are faulty, or your mobo isn't communicating with the video card properly. Has the card worked on the abit ag8-v (915p) before?

shuz

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2007
yes everything worked a year ago, then i took the components out of the case and they sat on a shelf for a year. i just re-assembled those parts in the same configuration, with a new hard drive and theres no picture when it boots.

r0x0r

Distinguished
May 9, 2006
Monitor cable? Try that on a different computer.

Did you clean the parts before you reused them? Also try re-setting the bios; seems like a long shot but usually works for me when I have a problem.

This one seems like a tricky one. Sorry I can't be more helpful.